The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 1
I don't know the uni, but i know the area and the reputation of the university from an outsiders perspective. It might help you get a well rounded opinion :smile:

The direct area, isn't up to much. Its in a bit of a chavy area, but it has its advantages. The bus service is good (Right near the bus station), and its about 5 minutes away from the underground station, so getting into London is very easy.

From the visits i've had, the uni looks very modern. They've put a LOT of money into the university the past 10 or so years, and you can tell. It used to have a bit of a bad reputation locally, but now a lot of local people choose to go there, because of the leaps and bounds they have made.

Nightlife-wise, the area is ok. Lots of pubs around, only really 1 nightclub locally, but as i said, London is very accessible.

The Halls aren't the most impressive that i've seen, and the area is a tad dodgy, but they're quite "cut-off" from the area, so to speak, so thats not too much of a problem.

The hospital is close too, which is always an advantage. Though the odds of getting an appointment are slim. But you know... its there if you need it, i guess.

All in all, it seems like quite a nice place to go. It obviously lacks "prestigous" and "reputation", but it depends what you want, really. I hear the maths department, for example, are very good. The sports are amazing too, they've really improved that. And i hear the computer facilities are a lot better than most places.

I don't know whether that helps you at all. As i said, i don't know much about the actual uni specifically, but i've seen how it has evolved over the past 10 years or so, and its never been better :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
There is a thread here.

Brunel is as close to London as you can get without having to pay hefty prices.

Socially, there are lots of events and club nights dedicated to Asian (as in Indian etc) and black music. Town is 10-minute bus journey away, where you will find nightclubs.

TBH, it's alright living here - just don't venture out alone late at night just in case; but there are 24-hour security teams who keep an eye out for trouble.

I don't know what else to say really. Check the thread I posted above, there are some more ideas and info there.

In any case, just pop down and take a look yourself. :smile:
Reply 3
yeh i went to see the uni a few months ago and was quite impressed compared to other ones ive seen,
Thanks for your views :redface:
There's only one club in Uxbridge isn't there? :s-smilie: I know of Liquid/Envy but not any others. And obviously there is The Academy too, which I am going to twice next week. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oceana, The Works, Tiger Tiger, Ministry, and Fabric are popular jaunts if you fancy a night out afar for the price of a basic Travelcard. :tsr2:

Latest

Trending

Trending