The Student Room Group

Bath or Manchester for Politics and IR?

Hey all! I've been reading several topics about politics and both unis, but I don't really know where to go. I have offers from both Bath and Manchester.

I want Bath because I have the placement year (4 years) and because it is said to be very good at Politics, but Manchester is supposed to have beter employment prospects. Does it matter that Manchester is part of the Russell group and Bath isn't?

What do employers think about Bath graduates? Which of them would look better when applying for PhD at Cambridge?

Is accomodation for second year hard to find and expensive?

Last, but not least, can I find part-time work while studying in Bath rather than in Manchester?
Thank you.
Reply 1
which one do you prefer? have you visited the unis?
Reply 2
happy_kid
Hey all! I've been reading several topics about politics and both unis, but I don't really know where to go. I have offers from both Bath and Manchester.

I want Bath because I have the placement year (4 years) and because it is said to be very good at Politics, but Manchester is supposed to have beter employment prospects. Does it matter that Manchester is part of the Russell group and Bath isn't?

What do employers think about Bath graduates? Which of them would look better when applying for PhD at Cambridge?

Is accomodation for second year hard to find and expensive?

Last, but not least, can I find part-time work while studying in Bath rather than in Manchester?
Thank you.

which area(s) of politics are you interested in? public policy? international relations?
Reply 3
I'm interested in international relations more. No, I haven't visited the unis, that's why I was asking you guys what you know about them.
Both of them sound fine, but I need to answer those questions before choosing one.