The Student Room Group

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I'm working for a company called Cash and Traffic Management! No C.V or interview required, everyone basically gets accepted.

I've worked Glastonbury and Sonisphere, earned £600+ and seen loads of bands!
Been looking for ages applied to everything problem is i can't drive and live in a tiny town in wales. I've even applied to the nearest big town which would require a 30 minute train ride at 7 in the morning every day no luck! it's already mid july and i go back to uni in september!
Original post by harmony23
I'm working for a company called Cash and Traffic Management! No C.V or interview required, everyone basically gets accepted.

I've worked Glastonbury and Sonisphere, earned £600+ and seen loads of bands!

I'm looking into that but I didn't know you got free tickets? I thought you camped outside the festival area and weren't allowed in?
Think, i may have got myself a job for the end of August and all of September.
:biggrin:
Fingers crossed!
This is quite useful
Reply 205
Original post by AlligatorTears
I'm looking into that but I didn't know you got free tickets? I thought you camped outside the festival area and weren't allowed in?

You camp outside the festival area, but you get wristbands!
Obviously though you only get to see whats on when you're not on shift.
At Glastonbury I saw Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines and Coldplay, at Sonisphere I saw Metallica, Sum 41, Weezer and Biffy Clyro :smile:
You camp outside the festival area, but you get wristbands!
Obviously though you only get to see whats on when you're not on shift.
At Glastonbury I saw Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines and Coldplay, at Sonisphere I saw Metallica, Sum 41, Weezer and Biffy Clyro :smile:

Awesome. Did you go to any of these on your own? I won't be getting my mates in on this, but I'm thinking those that are working with CTM are gonna be a friendly crowd so it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 207
Original post by AlligatorTears
Awesome. Did you go to any of these on your own? I won't be getting my mates in on this, but I'm thinking those that are working with CTM are gonna be a friendly crowd so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah definiately, I went with a mate to one and alone to another. You end up meeting so many people anyway, Sonisphere was absolutely legendary, I was only alone when I slept!
Yeah definiately, I went with a mate to one and alone to another. You end up meeting so many people anyway, Sonisphere was absolutely legendary, I was only alone when I slept!

cheers for that man, hopefully I can get all my documents in and I'll be doing some shifts in August. Can't wait, and I'm desperate for the cash!
Reply 209
Need to joing this threat -nod nod- :3
Original post by greenfly125
Think, i may have got myself a job for the end of August and all of September.
:biggrin:
Fingers crossed!

YES!!! I got this :biggrin:
Well, chuffed.
Reply 211
I just finished yr 11 cant find any jobs! Recommend any good websites/companies for jobs apart from gumtree, quote me if u reply back
Original post by 2pasda
I just finished yr 11 cant find any jobs! Recommend any good websites/companies for jobs apart from gumtree, quote me if u reply back

Did you even look at the first post? :curious:
Reply 213
Original post by supernova92
Did you even look at the first post? :curious:

yeh but they arent suited to 16 year olds, more suited to uni students
Original post by 2pasda
yeh but they arent suited to 16 year olds, more suited to uni students

Well you're only really limited, if the job specifically states you have to be 18+ otherwise apply! :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by supernova92
Well you're only really limited, if the job specifically states you have to be 18+ otherwise apply! :smile:

some websites dont work
Reply 216
the job hunt is rather depressing!
Reply 217
Original post by Doofy
the job hunt is rather depressing!

same
just signed up to peopleperhour.com. Basically a freelancing job so you say put things into an excel document for people or designing websites. Already got a job and only been on it for 2 days. Gotta transcript some audio.
Original post by *absinthe*
just signed up to peopleperhour.com. Basically a freelancing job so you say put things into an excel document for people or designing websites. Already got a job and only been on it for 2 days. Gotta transcript some audio.

There actually similar sites to peopleperhour for students

mytaskangel.co.uk
freelancestudents.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending