The Student Room Group

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
This isnt really a job, but if you are free tomorrow for an hour and are in London, it could pay for a text book! I am organising a photoshoot for a visitor guide TOMORROW 2 August, if you are free for an hour (timeslots are 11am, 2,3,4pm) all you will have to do is sit in a cafe or bar and pretend to be enjoying yourself. If you would like to take part please send me a photo of yourself. all volunteers will be given a £15 amazon voucher. I can share the pictures with you afterwards. No experience necessary, sense of fun essential!
Original post by Doofy
the job hunt is rather depressing!

You know you're skint when you read that you can sell your kidney for £28,000 and are tempted. :frown:
Reply 222
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
You know you're skint when you read that you can sell your kidney for £28,000 and are tempted. :frown:

Tempted.. :colone:
Not having my GCSE results is making this job hunt 10x harder! ^^^ That kidney thing is looking like a good option! :biggrin:
Reply 224
I actually gave some skin off my bum for £110...
Reply 225
Original post by harmony23
I actually gave some skin off my bum for £110...

:lolwut: Seriously?

Why did someone want your bum skin?
Original post by Zottula

Original post by Zottula

skin grafts for burns victims
Reply 227
Original post by TheCaledonian
skin grafts for burns victims

Oh yes of course!
All my friends who achieved worse grades than me in GCSE's have all gotten jobs. :frown: This just proves that education doesn't really matter. Job hunting is very depressing right now
Reply 229
Original post by Zottula

Substrate for dematology research :rolleyes:

for 45 minutes and 4 tiny scars though it was quite good
Reply 230
Original post by harmony23
Substrate for dematology research :rolleyes:

for 45 minutes and 4 tiny scars though it was quite good

Oh wow that's really cool. I wish I had the opportunity to donate some bum flesh for good money like that.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

that sounds fantastic, we're all born with spare kidneys so why not? can you send me a link/contact details please:biggrin:
Reply 232
Original post by dellboy1994

that sounds fantastic, we're all born with spare kidneys so why not? can you send me a link/contact details please:biggrin:

You do realize that 28k is nothing for something that (should) last you a lifetime. You'd have to give me a million plus before i even consider
Original post by BenjyK
You do realize that 28k is nothing for something that (should) last you a lifetime. You'd have to give me a million plus before i even consider

not when you're on the streets selling your body:colone:
Original post by BenjyK

It'd see me through uni though (no fees for me), pay off my student loan and get me a trip to New York for when I turn 21. Hell yeah! :biggrin:

But then I couldn't hit the bars in the East Village as hard with only one kidney. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

There was an article in the paper last week with this doctor saying students could consider selling their kidneys to hospitals for transplants, but others criticised her because of the potential health risks.

So just ask round some hospitals. :tongue:
Hey does anyone know any summer jobs for under 18s? (I'm 17)

I'm a lifeguard but wouldnt mind doing any sort of summer work.
Reply 237
Hi are there any summer jobs for 15 year olds?
Oh so glad I found this thread. Been looking around for something to do in the 4 moths between college ending and uni beginning. I have found some adverts for exam invigilating at a local school (my course will finish just before GCSE and A level exams begin) has anyone else done that before?

That's all I've found so far.
this is probably the wrong thread to post this, but I've been offered a place at a training day for an events/hospitality agency (its for the summer so thats why i've posted it here)
the problem is their next session is next week BUT i've got college on that day. I'm also already missing college on Friday for an applicants open day at sussex university. Should I wait till the next one (bearing in mind thats the only training day on the website) or miss a whole day worth of lessons?

Quick Reply

Latest