Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for camp Beaumont, theres one really close to where i live and in the same town as my old college, so its really convenient
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    how's everyone doing so far?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got the job at camp beaumont which only lasts a month, july-august; have also applied for PGL kids camps which im really keen on getting; just waiting to hear
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    congrats
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay, great thread - thanks. Most of the shops I've tried to hand in CVs to told me it's too early.

I'm going to go on holiday this summer for a week and a half. Do you think I should put that on my CV or wait until I get a job, tell them then and p*** them off?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    tell them if they ask at the interview, if not i'm sure you'll be able to arrange some time off work when the time comes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to apply for those kids camps now? When do they stop recruiting?
    • 12 followers

(Original post by rubee_red)
    Is it too late to apply for those kids camps now? When do they stop recruiting?
    Nah it's not too late, it was about this time last year I applied for a couple camps, i'm still considering applying for others even though i've applied for PGL already.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do they actuallt make you do as an Activity leader ?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    you help the kids out, sometimes monitor meals, help out the staff, take the kids on trips etc. basically taking care of the kids and monitoring them outside of class.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlos The Villan)
    Nah it's not too late, it was about this time last year I applied for a couple camps, i'm still considering applying for others even though i've applied for PGL already.
    which PGL camp have you applied to?
    • 12 followers

(Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    which PGL camp have you applied to?
    Boreatton Park
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlos The Villan)
    Boreatton Park
    kewl, ill be doing my training there and then go onto osmington bay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no experience with kids, or any of the quaifications like lifeguard, first aid etc. what are my chances of getting in to work with kids. I worked with them for 1 week in a primary school and enjoyed myself sooooo much! I really want to do somwthihg in the summer. i live in london btw. and i want to apply for the day camps in XkEYS. hOW DO i GO ABOUT it and do you really think ill get in with my kack of expereince? :s
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can get in, it just depends how good an impression you make. i didn't really have any experience with kids but i got offers last year.i made a good impression in the interviews and they remembered that. how to go about it is in the first post.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard around this time of the year, loadsa travel agents have temporary summer jobs going...yet, I can't seem to find any in my area. Annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Kids Klub?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really experienced at all in any sporting activities like kayaking etc do you reckon that significantly decreases my chances of getting a job within a camp? Has anyone ever got a job in one where they don't have experience of such things?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here. If you can play football anad you're willing to learn why not? not all camps do kayaking and sports like that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2014
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.