The Student Room Group

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I live v close to Boreatton Park and my friend works there but doesnt get paid v well...do you know how much they normally pay?
How can i go about looking for office jobs in the summer?
Or, which jobs have anyone done that has been paid well? thanks xx
Reply 41
what each company pays is different so i wouldn't know.with my company i got paid about £200/week although someone i worked with last year is looking at another company this year and they're offering £300/week,so it's variable.
about office jobs,the same way you'd go about looking for other office jobs.cv, temp agencies etc,it's all in the first post.
xX_Gina_Xx
I live v close to Boreatton Park and my friend works there but doesnt get paid v well...do you know how much they normally pay?
How can i go about looking for office jobs in the summer?
Or, which jobs have anyone done that has been paid well? thanks xx

Taken from the PGL website
PGL Apprentice Staff
If you are new to the industry/role or you have limited previous experience you will be enrolled onto our apprentice programme and our expert trainers will give you all the skills, confidence and role specific training needed to successfully start your employment with PGL.

In the UK the four-weekly apprentice allowance for activity staff ranges between £320-£400* and £372 for all other entry roles (such as catering assistants, housekeeping and general assistants). In France and Spain, the four-weekly apprentice allowance for activity staff ranges between £320-£400* and £320 for all other entry roles. (*depending on qualification payments).

As well as a generous four-weekly allowance, all first year PGL apprentices are provided with free onsite accommodation and three cooked meals a day.

Instructors employed to work at PGL Pontin’s will be paid a four-weekly allowance of £432 as these centres are self-catering.

Most people go for the experience rather than the pay
Reply 43
Thanks but wud they mind me workin 4 2months then goin 2 uni?! x
Reply 44
contact them.how are we supposed to know? it depends on the individual company.some need people for only a few weeks,others need them for the whole period.

Hey can anyone tell me for the summer day camp type jobs, how many hours do you work? and is it everyday or just weekdays?

The websites arent that helpful >_<
xX_Gina_Xx
Thanks but wud they mind me workin 4 2months then goin 2 uni?! x

PGL ask for a minimum of 8 weeks, so yer 2 months. Although they do say they have very limited places for just the summer months and priority is given to those who can start before may.

Mousickle
Hey can anyone tell me for the summer day camp type jobs, how many hours do you work? and is it everyday or just weekdays?

Depends; if its a day camp then I think its just on weekdays probably 9:00 - 4:00ish. But for residential camps youd do more hours.. PGL are on a 6 day week with something like 46 hours.
Reply 47
Has anyone worked/know anyone who works for Super Camps?
Reply 48
Has anyone worked with Twin UK before? I applying to the Oxford Brookes summer school as an activity organiser - they are quite vague on the hours - do you know what time-ish the evening shift ends? i'm worried about bus times..
Reply 49
i worked with twin. i was residential though so i lived on site. our evening shifts...i'm not sure because well as residentials,the evening shift started around 4/6 and didn't end till the kids were going to bed which was around 10/11.it depends on the site so you should ask. did you speak to bernadette? i have to say,although you may be given a contract for x weeks, it is possible that they can cut it short if they don't have enough kids.
I may know whether I get into PGL next month as I rung them today.
Reply 51
fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 52
La Trampa
i worked with twin. i was residential though so i lived on site. our evening shifts...i'm not sure because well as residentials,the evening shift started around 4/6 and didn't end till the kids were going to bed which was around 10/11.it depends on the site so you should ask. did you speak to bernadette? i have to say,although you may be given a contract for x weeks, it is possible that they can cut it short if they don't have enough kids.

Thanks - I'll give her a ring today... How did you find working for them overall? The contract thing must have been annoying...
Reply 53
my experience was mixed. my site had lovely people so it was loads of fun,but the contract thing didn't go down too well,i was told 6 weeks and after a month they told me to go as they didn't have enough kids. one would think they'd know how many kids were roughly coming.it messed up my summer plans but meh i'll live. also they seemed to worry about money a lot and obviously i know we shouldn't waste money but sometimes it was a bit hmmm,,,otherwise though it was a good experience and the pay is/was great. i would do it again with the guys i was with last year, just i've got a job now that i don't want to quit.
I got a contract with PGL for 3 months :smile:
Reply 55
yay for you :smile:
Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 57
Thanks this guide is alright
Went to my training day today for camp Beaumont, it was fun actually but to begin with it was quite daunting not knowing anyone - im not one of those people who can just strike up a conversation with a stranger and talk about myself. But we did lots of fun activities and I passed so its all good.

Still waiting out for PGL though:smile:
Cherry Kisses
Went to my training day today for camp Beaumont, it was fun actually but to begin with it was quite daunting not knowing anyone - im not one of those people who can just strike up a conversation with a stranger and talk about myself. But we did lots of fun activities and I passed so its all good.

Still waiting out for PGL though:smile:

You going to Osmington right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending