The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
It's probably better now to wait until you get to Bristol in 2 weeks (however a letter sent to them before hand explaining the situation may help as well).
I was told when I was there on interview that many people change their course in the first few weeks.
The only thing is you have to inform the Student Loans Company/your local LEA about the change (not that I think your change will make much difference).
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
i know that for many subjects that have common sylabus content it's easy to swap if your tutor agrees with you, which they probably will if you've thought it through properly. I'd just get in touch with the admissions tutor for that department and ask.

Just remeber they want you to go there, and they want you to complete the course with the best possible degree. This looks good on there stats (and i'm sure some lecturers actually care about the students as well :tongue: ). So if you want to change course then they will probably let you cos if they don't you won't give the degree your doing your best effort.
Reply 3
Bristol do allow you to change course easily. One of my friends started on a maths and languages course and changed it to just maths, and I know of people who were allowed to completely change their honours subjects eg biochemistry to physiology. So long as you swap early in the year, and tell them your reasons for doing it, Bristol should allow you to change.
Reply 4
thanks guys, that's v reassuring... i think i'll maybe tdo an email before i go, and then follow up when there...

looking forward to seeing you all at bristol!

Latest

Trending

Trending