The Student Room Group

what the hell should i do? i think its virtually impossible!!!

hi

im really panicking now. i have my PYA4 psychology exam on tuesday however i am really pressured!

at the moment i have ot have a B to go to the uni i want!

however in AS originally i got DCD, i redid the first D (memory) and got a B, so am now on BCD. i redid the other B about 2 weeks ago (social influence an research methods) it went good however i have no recollection of doing the question B as i looked at the exam a few days later! this has panicked me a lot now! i was hoping to get a B and then redoing the C (stress and physical differences) to end up with BBB at AS ideally.

i have also just got the grade back from my coursework and got a D!!! eep! i never really understood what i was doing at all so that was sort of expected!

so at the moment i am on 237 UMS!!! omg! thats not including my retake but is including my coursework! i need 420 to just get a B so need 183 out of these next 2 exams to scrape a B. however i feel so underprepared and panicky and the stress just makes me cry!

What can i do? is it worth resitting or should i accept that i need practically full marks to get a B! or should i cancel my dream uni!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Work your arse off :smile:
Reply 2
Are you the same person that says she keeps skiving college, and doesn't revise?

If you actually do some revision, and turn up to college, you'll be able to do a lot better.
Reply 3
im in a similar situation. except i need an A. Last year was easy for mbut this year is a nightmare. none of myrevision seems to be doing any good and the more i think about it the less i want to do anything on tuesday. What is your dream uni? and is it psychology you want to do
Reply 4
... I have that exam to :smile:
Reply 5
I have no idea what the situation is like ( i have 296 UMS marks for Psychology.. thank god :|).. But honestly, i would see how you do in these January exams, and your resit and then worry. Cause you may do really well... you never no, and if not, you can always resit some modules in the summer.
:smile:

xxx
Reply 6
i havent been skiving, i was really ill! and i have done soooo much revision for this exam, it was my law exam i was screwed on but i crammed and it went ok so the stress is off for that.

no im not doing psychology, im applying for law. i want to go to sussex, which i know isnt the best but the only place that does law with american studies where you go to usa for a yr!

i have revised every hour for this exam and i know nothing!
Reply 7
sophiejr15
i havent been skiving, i was really ill! and i have done soooo much revision for this exam, it was my law exam i was screwed on but i crammed and it went ok so the stress is off for that.

no im not doing psychology, im applying for law. i want to go to sussex, which i know isnt the best but the only place that does law with american studies where you go to usa for a yr!

i have revised every hour for this exam and i know nothing!

East Anglia Does Law with American Studies :smile:

As do many other Universities.. you just have to transfer (and risk not getting a place) when you finish your first year usually.
Reply 8
do they go to america?

cos the uni advisor at my college told me that its only sussex where you can go away! but i think she gets money the more people that go to sussex!

she advises everyone to go there...
Reply 9
i have 275 ums. my teacher says im stressing for no reason. but i really dont feel prepared
Reply 10
i was shocked when i got told i was on 237! it just made me stress so much more!

teachers dont get that its really important!

i just dont like this psychology exam, no choice seems so much more daunting!!!
Reply 11
sophiejr15
do they go to america?

cos the uni advisor at my college told me that its only sussex where you can go away! but i think she gets money the more people that go to sussex!

she advises everyone to go there...

http://www1.uea.ac.uk/cm/home/schools/ssf/law/Courses/UGTProg/LLBAmerican
Reply 12
thanks, damn that uni advisor!!!!

i dont know where east anglia is though? lol
Reply 13
Its near Norwich. The Law building there is gorgeous :smile:
Reply 15
cool, i dont really know where norwich is, but i presume its nice lol!

i am sooooo bad at geography
Reply 16
wow! thats well nice!
Reply 17
i emailed my teacher asking one thing about the exam and it was like " just wondering about.... blah blah blah.. sorry to bother you this exam is making me want to cry"

the bit about crying was a joke. but she replied "oh sophie. its is only an exam"

but the thing is its not only an exam, if i do **** i cant go to uni i want etc.... its actually my future not just exam.

is it weird to care so much? i thought it would be worse if i didnt care so much
Reply 18
I know, it really is nice :smile:

And nah it isn't weird to care so much. It is your future your talking about, and you do need that grade. It is perfectly normal to worry.
Reply 19
i got UBB and resat the U and got a D so im now DBB. i cba resitting again,..ive jsut accepted im shut at that unit. got a B overall

also have the exam on tuesday and havent revised but i decided before christmas id be resitting it. i had to much stress that if i tried to learn all the stuff for it id fail my other exams and not get my coursework done.

so yeh dont stress too much. theres always resits for this exam aswell and youve got coursework to boost your grades up aswell this year if your stronger at that than exams :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending