The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I think everyone gets those letters, you get £1000 for if your course is undersubscribed or something? and if you get good grades then what you needed?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
The academic scholarship is £1000 per year and is offered to everyone (I think) who chooses Lancaster as their Firm choice and achieves A2 grades higher than the standard offer (for example, my offer was ABB and I needed AAA for the scholarship.) I think there are different arrangements for some subjects, like languages, that attract different funding?
Reply 3
Cool thankss
Reply 4
I forgot to say, you don't get the money until February of each year, to stop people taking it then dropping out!
Yeahhh, my offer for French is BBB and I need AAB :biggrin:
Reply 6
I got one too!
My offers BBB for History and Religious studies.

I need AAA (not going to happen lol :rolleyes: ) for the scolarship thing!

:smile:
Reply 7
You may also be in for another £1,000 busury from the university if you get the maximum maintenance grant, which is great, £2,000 a year!
Reply 8
haha i need AAA, goodbye scholarship!
Reply 9
CarolineT
Yeah, I'm getting the scholarship.

BUT if there's roughly 40 weeks in the academic year it only works out at about £25 per week. Not that much, tho I suppose when I'm a poor student and its paying for my weekly food shop then it'll seem a lot more!!!

I think even with this AND a maintenance loan I'm still gonna have to have a job in first year, which i was trying to avoid.. grr!! Oh well! If it means I can make more ASOS purchases then so be it! :biggrin:

Depends how much you're entitled to. I receive the maximum maintenance grant and receive a grand from the university and also my loan, I'm living perfectly fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending