Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA Physics A Module 4 Exam 21/01/08

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, how did it go?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Didn't find it particularly nice.

There were a few easy recall questions, but that rest of it was quite demanding, I thought.

Even Section A was quite difficult, and I don't think I scored too highly on each section.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was killer. The multiple choice was alright, but the written section was just awful. I think I did enough for a B though. Just have to wait and see.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with you guys. That paper was ****ing hard...
    Well, gotta retake in June then!
    I have no hope of getting an overall A if this is bad, so thats my only choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, thought it was okay; odd bits were a bit unusual but Hopefully still on an A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    awful. multiple choice sucked and section B was a nightmare especially that electric field and resistance question. lets pray for nice grade boundaries
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, found section A allright, but section B was horrible. First question, about stationary waves was by far the easiest. Capacitance experiment, i missed out!! Just the wrtiing bit though, not the calcs.

I just hope I've picked up at least 12 marks on section A and 20 marks on section B. The grade boudaries should go down - previous years have been around 70% for an A. I'm just hoping for a B though.

I just hope aqa chem will be easy tommorrow. Need an A in that!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how to do that elec field question? i wrote some right rubbish alsooo, working out how many joules per kg of the reactant ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember the electric field question. As for the joules per kg, I just set up a ratio and solved it. Mass of reactants in kg : Joules
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty challenging, yeah. Made a few stupid mistakes, like I forgot that the one about jupiter was given in km not m, and I when converting from MeV to joules i forgot the M, and I couldn't remember how big a fm was. Other than that it was ok really, no problems with the multiple choice I don't think. Hopefully an A considering the previous low boundaries.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the capacitors question? The voltage when t=0 one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could have bee worse I thought.

Anyone interested, here is the multiple guess section (With my answers circled):

Multiple Choice Section PDF

Sorry for the scrumplyness (god word, eh?!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    It was pretty challenging, yeah. Made a few stupid mistakes, like I forgot that the one about jupiter was given in km not m.
    That was a bit nasty of them - to use standard form but also KM... I noticed it but only second time round. Guess fm was -15 as I knew -13 was pico, and came out right...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i forgot the charge of a proton...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeleeds)
    Could have bee worse I thought.

Anyone interested, here is the multiple guess section (With my answers circled):

Multiple Guess PDF

Sorry for the scumplyness (god word, eh?!)
    Oh I got some different ones to you... Crap! Don't worry, those were the ones I was absolutely clueless about so I'm definitely wrong. And one I actually got the right answer but apparently circled the wrong letter!! :mad:

Paper was f*ing hard. I was contemplating breaking my pencil in when the examiner called "5 more minutes". Left loads of blanks in section B My teacher's right, I'm gonna get an E...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    our multiple guesses were almost the same, except i got Boron for 15, and in a moment of mad madness got a whole wavelength instead of half a wavelength . arrgh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My answers to your answers seem quite similar except Q15 i put Boron.

Was not a great exam. I thought it was way harder (section b) than any of the past papers i've done before. I was writing right up to the end which was unusual i my experience. I didn't like the capacitance question at all. Hopefully low mark boundaries.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Section B was the equivalent of taking a sledgehammer and mashing it into my cranium. Honestly, that was an absolute bastard of a paper, and by your answers from section A, i've mucked that up too. For 1 I put C, for 2 I put D, for 9 I put A, 10 I put B, and 15 I put C. So that's... 10/15. Considering i was hitting 13/15 in all the past papers (and trust me, i did them ALL), i'm gutted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The physics paper wasn't too bad. Section A was quite easy, section B was tough but do-able. The electric field question

When it is perpendicular:
    Force acts towards the positive plate; vertical acceleration ; therefore change in vertical velocity; horizontal velocity is constant; electron takes a 'parabolic' trajectory.

The Jupiter Question:
    part i) F= -GMm/r^2
    F= mw^2r
    mw^2r= -GMm/r^2 (w=2pi/T)
    Rearrange and simplify to get:
    T^2 = (4Pi^2.r^3)/GM

for the last part (mass of jupitar)...u only had to plug the numbers in and get an answer of approx. 1.3x10^27 kg

Capacitance question part A

Large resistance; longer discharging time; low percentage error
    Resistance of around 2000 K Ohms (as time constant will be approx. 60 seconds)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeleeds)
    That was a bit nasty of them - to use standard form but also KM... I noticed it but only second time round. Guess fm was -15 as I knew -13 was pico, and came out right...
    Yes, I was trying to work it out but forgot about pico. I was planning to go back to it and work it backwards at the end but I didn't have a whole lot of time which is unusual. Pico is -12 by the way, but you got it right anyway!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 25, 2008
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.