The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yes...unit 4 physics!! what a lovely...EASSYY unit!!..........NOT!! i personally thort section A was surprisingly ok...i was worried that i'd take 1.5 hours jus on section A!! loll..but i finished it in 25 mins which gave me a lot of confidence for section B.........HOW WRONG I WAS! opened the question paper up...i was gutted there wasnt any calculations on induction...every past paper seem to have f=bil sumwhere in it! capacitance question was B*****D and when going through the question with my teacher he made it luk like a doddle! saying that tho..every question in the world luks easy wen u got the answer! i thort there was quite a lot of theory involved aswell..with the electron question...usually u see a big theory question at the end regarding fusion/fission.

I hated the fusion/fission question!! found it surprisingly tricky and difficult. usually they are 1 of the easier questions in section B. virtually nothing on SHM, usually they put that in 2 give a student confidence. considering ive dun all the past papers my view is that jan '08 is the hardest unit 4 to date...any1 agree?..overall conclusions.....D-E grade hear i come baby!! (my mother is going to kill me!!) can any1 make me feel better and talk about how low the grade boundaries are going to be?
Reply 41
I hated it, got the elec field question wrong (for the second part) i had it accelerating, couldnt get the mass of jupiter since i didnt convert into meters (wonder if il get any marks for it still :confused: ) Couldnt do the capacitor one, i put 50Kohms to give a suitible RC constant....but thinking about it, it would not give a suitible value-it would be way to low :mad:

I just hated it and i guessed at least 4 questions in Section A. i Got 90% overall at AS and ive ruined it in one and a quater hours stupidity!

Theres no point to my post, but i wonder if anybody else feels the same!?
Reply 42
I made the exact same first two mistakes as you, and I honestly don't think they'll take that much off for those. 2-4 marks between them? It was nasty of them to use km in the jupiter question. Stop worrying!
Reply 43
yep i also got 90% at AS..and i feel the same!!! like i jus threw all those marks away...damnn!! well gutted..not lookin 4ward to physics result in march

Latest