The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 1
Paul01
I am startin ldn met nxt month? Is ther any1 else doin english lit and history? Wots the uni like? Wots the social life like?

ts prtty bd
aftr al wht cn u xpct whn th stdnts r t lzy n stupid t rite prprly
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
flugestuge
ts prtty bd
aftr al wht cn u xpct whn th stdnts r t lzy n stupid t rite prprly

Why do you feel the need to answer an innocent question with an insult? By all means feel free to make a point, but being rude is totally immature and not at all necessary.
Reply 3
Wots the social life like?

Central London= Good nightlife and other opportunities.

Wots the uni like?

London Metropolitan chooses not to appear in privately organised league tables because this university believes that the UK Government should be the formal assessor of universities, rather than (private) newspapers' tables.[15] When the University of North London and London Guildhall University last appeared in the Financial Times University League Table in 2003, they were ranked 88th and 97th respectively out of 98.[16] Neither the two former universities nor London Metropolitan University has appeared in any tables since.

The quality of teaching is assessed through the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) which works with higher education institutions to define academic standards and quality, and then carry out reviews against these standards. In the most recent Institutional Audit, the QAA concluded that they had "broad confidence"[17](the highest level of commendation) in the soundness of the London Metropolitan University's management of the quality of its academic programmes and the academic standards of its awards.[3][18]

(wikipedia)

Is ther any1 else doin english lit and history

Honestly, subjects like these should be studied at a traditional university. Also how on earth can you manage to study at a university half way during the academic year?
Vincente

Honestly, subjects like these should be studied at a traditional university. Also how on earth can you manage to study at a university half way during the academic year?

Um, London Met offers Jan/Feb starts. He'd be starting from the start of the course.
Reply 5

I'm starting in Feb as well, but I'm studying Criminology and Psychology
Reply 6
Paul01
I am startin ldn met nxt month? Is ther any1 else doin english lit and history? Wots the uni like? Wots the social life like?

Can somebody tell me about International Relations there?
Reply 7
marcelka
Can somebody tell me about International Relations there?

My cousin and another friend studies IR there...If you want a thorough and in depth analysis do not choose London Met...International relations cover a broad range of topics and you necessarily need someone really competent to guide you through them....I heard studying there is quite easy and not really challenging, but then again it depends what you are looking for...

I studied there for LLB and pulled out after the first year...
Reply 8
thank you... :smile:
Reply 9
eve_22
My cousin and another friend studies IR there...If you want a thorough and in depth analysis do not choose London Met...International relations cover a broad range of topics and you necessarily need someone really competent to guide you through them....I heard studying there is quite easy and not really challenging, but then again it depends what you are looking for...

I studied there for LLB and pulled out after the first year...

Is it easy to transfer? :smile:
marcelka
Is it easy to transfer? :smile:

Not if you are at London Met. Most admissions offices blench when they realise that you are trying to transfer to them from London Met.
The usual route is to drop out and then reapply from scratch for first year entry to a better university.
Reply 11
flugestuge
Not if you are at London Met. Most admissions offices blench when they realise that you are trying to transfer to them from London Met.
The usual route is to drop out and then reapply from scratch for first year entry to a better university.

Awwwww LOL
Thank you, you have replied to all my questions but... Can i have another one? :smile:
Do you think spending first year at Brunel and than transfering is hm...
a good plan? :confused:
Reply 12
marcelka
Awwwww LOL
Thank you, you have replied to all my questions but... Can i have another one? :smile:
Do you think spending first year at Brunel and than transfering is hm...
a good plan? :confused:

I made that mistake and now ended up dropping out and wasting a whole year...Why dont you wait, take a gap year, gain some experience, maybe do some extra course which would enhance your application and apply to a good uni next year...?
Reply 13
eve_22
I made that mistake and now ended up dropping out and wasting a whole year...Why dont you wait, take a gap year, gain some experience, maybe do some extra course which would enhance your application and apply to a good uni next year...?

cause my parents dont want me to take a gap year ;-)))
hehe
and yeah, i do listen to them lol
Reply 14
Then you could just do another course.
There are loads of one year course to help you, even short courses too.

Latest

Trending

Trending