The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Biggest one I've seen in Aberdeen is the Gatecrasher... -- however, not sure how big it is. 2ft rings a bell, but I'm not sure if I'm making that up or not... :s-smilie:
Reply 2
3'x3' is the biggest I've seen.
Reply 3
just found a 50 incher, self bake though. So techinically 42 is the biggest ive found.
Reply 4
we had what i think was a 34" in america once. fed five of us for dinner breakfast and lunch. :p: i know they did bigger.
Reply 5
Biggest I've ever had was the Costco one; but I don't know how big they actually are, and they're not HUGE.

Saying that, I had to share it with 2 other people...
Reply 6
My mum owns a bakery, and for parties we make massive pizzas on the bread trays. Biggest one we ever made was about four foot square (we put two trays together, and baked it in the massive bread oven) but that was for personal use and we don't sell them.
Reply 7
There's a place in london where they do them in bread ovens and you order it by the metre! It's about half a metre wide, and then as long as you want (although I guess they have to stop somewhere).
Reply 8
lol I watched that episode today! :biggrin:

apparently wikianswers says the biggest pizza ever was 123 feet in diameter...

and wiki says: The largest pizza ever made was at the Norwood Pick 'n Pay Hypermarket in Johannesburg, South Africa. According to the Guinness Book of Records the pizza was 37.4 meters in diameter and was made using 500 kg of flour, 800 kg of cheese and 900 kg of tomato puree. This was accomplished on December 8, 1990.[7]

not sure if those are the same measurements, I can't convert.

EDIT: dammit, just realised you said UK and USA
Reply 9
jellybaby17
There's a place in london where they do them in bread ovens and you order it by the metre! It's about half a metre wide, and then as long as you want (although I guess they have to stop somewhere).

WOAH WOAH! Whats this place called, we are so blatantly going there now!

Also, I also said commercially available so the world record ones dont really count...
Reply 10
nnkuk
WOAH WOAH! Whats this place called, we are so blatantly going there now!

Also, I also said commercially available so the world record ones dont really count...

There's a place in Richmond-upon-Thames that does that, but the biggest pizza you can order is a metre long, they serve them on big bread-boardy type things and you all help yourself. It's very good pizza ... (Their dips and freshly baked pizza bread is fabulous too)

It's called Pizza Al Rollo.
Reply 11
Ah , but are they circular? Tis the new rule.
Reply 12
Biggest i've heard about in Newcastle is a 14" :frown: not big enough as far as im concerned.
Reply 13
nnkuk
Ah , but are they circular? Tis the new rule.

Nope. The quarter metre ones are round-ish, but the half and full metre ones are about thirty centimetre wide rectangles.

You're not going to get a commercial one that's much bigger than 20" as the conveyor pizza ovens are all a standard width and won't take trays that are much bigger.
Reply 14
Damnit, there go all my hopes and dreams of having an 82 incher.
nnkuk
Damnit, there go all my hopes and dreams of having an 82 incher.

That's what she said! :p:

I heard that a place in Sunderland does a pizza that is as big as 9 dinner plates (not sure how much in ft/inches though. :redface:).
Reply 16
Hi.. In the Big johns food chain in the mids they serve a 20" pizza :biggrin:
Reply 17
Ok, if we take the non circular rule away we have a winner.
http://mamalenaspizza.net/thebigone.html

Officially the worlds biggest. Im thinking about going over there to hit that.
Reply 18
^^That's one heck of a pizza ... Would that box even fit thorough most people's doors??
Reply 19
nnkuk
Ok, if we take the non circular rule away we have a winner.
http://mamalenaspizza.net/thebigone.html

Officially the worlds biggest. Im thinking about going over there to hit that.

Why do you particularly want one big pizza? You can have several smaller ones...

Latest