Hi,

I recently received all my offers!

In terms of points for the IB were:
Durham - 36
Southampton - 35 including 17 in higher level
Cardiff - 33
Lancaster - 31 including 17 in higher level
Exeter - 31

I am thinking of rejecting Cardiff and Lancaster, and probably choosing Exeter as my insurance option. What I am unsure about is my first option, Southampton or Durham?

The Business course in durham is in the new capus in stockton (6 miles from middlesbrough).

Which do you think is the best option?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Southampton...
Reply 2
I will going to england during my school's carnaval holiday:

Exeter - 6 february (post offer open day)
Southampton - 7 february
Durham - 8 february
Reply 3
Chose Exeter as your first!! Definately. Have you been to see all the uni's? Exeter is lovely:biggrin: Southampton's fine.....but its a bit concrete'y if you know what i mean?
Reply 4
I'd go with Southampton. Durham probably has a better reputation but i've heard the stockton campus is pretty much completely separate from the main campus and there isn't much going on between the two.
Reply 5
Joe555
Chose Exeter as your first!! definitely. Have you been to see all the uni's? Exeter is lovely:biggrin: Southampton's fine.....but its a bit concrete'y if you know what i mean?

I will be going to these 3 in february. :wink:
Reply 6
the reason i "eliminated" cardiff was because aparently it is chavsville, and lancaster because it is quite far from the city.

Citywise, how are Southampton, exeter and middlesbrough (durham campus is in stocton...)?
Reply 7
poll added
Reply 8
is durham crazy or what??? my friend is predicted 39 and applied to durham for business. His offer is 30 points including 5 in maths... and you have an offer from durham of THIRTY SIX POINTS FOR BUSINESS!?!?!?!?! Thats insane... this friend of mine got on offer from LSE for accounting and finance of just 1 point higher! (37).

Are you sure you didn't make a typo...? unless you meant business economics or something.
Reply 9
Cool.Zero
is durham crazy or what??? my friend is predicted 39 and applied to durham for business. His offer is 30 points including 5 in maths... and you have an offer from durham of THIRTY SIX POINTS FOR BUSINESS!?!?!?!?! Thats insane... this friend of mine got on offer from LSE for accounting and finance of just 1 point higher! (37).

Are you sure you didn't make a typo...? unless you meant business economics or something.

i am predicted 36 points, and their offer is for 36 points... the course is pure business...
Reply 10
that is stupid considering durham's business school is far from the best in the country. IMO, make exeter your firm and cardiff insurance... but thats just my opinion :biggrin: Cardiff is an AMAZING city :wink:
Reply 11
What still keeps Durham on the "list" is its name and reputation... although business is a new course...
Reply 12
durham is not reputed at ALL for business, and employers will know this.
Reply 13
v2006
durham is not reputed at ALL for business, and employers will know this.

But for the other courses it is... is the business course not reputed because it is new?
Reply 14
yes, it takes years for a course to get recognition.
Reply 15
I'm a bit confused now...

what do you think about putting Exeter as firm?
Reply 16
bad idea
Reply 17
i'll be visiting Exeter, Durham and maybe Southampton next week.

Exeter - wednesday 6th - post offer open day
Southampton - thursday 7th - maybe not sure yet
Durham (Stockton) - friday 8th
Reply 18
they're all about the same to be honest, so any would do.
Reply 19
to be honest,
Durham business school is really not that good.
Lancaster, Cardiff, Exeter, Southampton are a lot better than Durham.
personally if i ignore all your conditions,
i'll go for Exeter or Cardiff as firm and Lancaster as insurance.
though both exeter and lancaster ask for 31 points.

Latest

Trending

Trending