The Student Room Group

AQA.. Louis XIV/James I

Is ANYBODY else doing Louis XIV/XV, Peter/Catherine the Great or James/Charles I history A level?
I swear no other school does it! I feel so alone!
And Im so pissed off at my teachers for picking it.. its so much harder and less interesting than a lot of the other titles there were to choose from.
And they told us they only picked it cos they did it at A Level so they know a lot about it.. what a crap reason.
I'm predicted a B in it, but I clearly wont get it because I'm so bored of it I literally can't learn anymore.
xx
think I'll probabaly be doing that next year, just done modules in Louis XIV and Peter the Great was pretty boring but not as boring as British history which is what we're doing now
Reply 2
I hate hate hate it.. history before A level was so good and now its all ancient politics and finance and war and erugghh.
I find the english slightly more interesting than the European though.. but that might be down to the teacher lol.
But finally someone else who knows how I feel lol.
xx
Reply 3
!!! I'm doing exactly the same thing! I know what you mean, I really enjoyed history at GCSE and now I just cannot wait to drop it, it's awful! Although, I don't think my teachers help much - we are given handouts every lesson and just seem to sit there in silence highlighting them! :frown:
Reply 4
Exactly what we do! And were a class of six girls and all good friends so cant help but chat. And the teacher doesnt stop us!
And its not like you can teach yourself because there is not one revision book or revision website out there because no one else does it!
I wanted to drop it last year but I HAD to drop music because the only teacher left.
xx
I would LOVE to do that syllabus. My god.
Reply 6
What are you doing that could be ANY worse?
Actually.. I think boys prefer it more for some reason.
xx
Well I don't mind our syllabus (coursework option - though Ireland isn't enormously exciting), but the exam option sounds DULL:

ANOTHER (ie the second in the A level!) on Mussolini (by far the most boring of the dictatorial lot).

Poor law

But yes, I have a soft spot for that period, especially the Russians.
Hi i'm doing James I and Charles I for my History AS Level, your right it seems hardly anyone does Early Mosern History
Reply 9
Well the fact that this actually got replies shows there was more than I thought doing it. I literally thought there was like 5 schools in the country.
xx
I dont like the Tudor units we have to do, last year for AS we did 'Securing the Tudor Dynasty: Henry VII' and this year we are doing; 'The Tudor State, 1485-1603' and 'A Mid Tudor Crisis?'. I hate early modern history, im so glad we are doing some 19th century European as well.
Reply 11
That actually sounds really interesting. The 17th Century's far more interesting than the bloody Hitler/Hitler/Mussolini/Hitler/Mussolini crap I had to do when I did A Level history...
Lol well I guess it depends on what your personally interested in. I would much rather have done Hitler, even though weve done it a million times before.
But at least we have our peronsal study to do something we actually have an interest in.
xx

Latest

Trending

Trending