The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Help!!!!!!! Stressed Fresher!!!

Hey, my names jas and i'm from london, and by the end of this week i'll be off to study medicine at birmingham!! I don't know anyone going to birmingham, and at the beggining of the holidays when i found out i was the only one off to b'ham didn't seem like a big deal.....oh well i don't need someone to hold my hand, i'm an independent women...oh i can do this...who was i kidding. Well now that the whole thing is a week away, i'm starting to feel just a little apprehensive, in fact the thought of going off to another city all by myself is enough to make me feel queasy. i just hope that i'm not the only one who feels like that. And can anyone give me some advice to settle my nerves!!!!!!!

Please....somebody help me!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Reply 1
There are several thousand people going to Birmingham next week who feel the same as you. Just remember it's completely normal to feel like you are now. Now stop stressing about being stressed. :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
And u r not stressed at all......dude......i wish i was more like u.......i'll just keep reminding myself to take deep breaths over the next week........yea u r right tho....everyones in the same boat and all that.....and its not that i am just stressed i'm looking forward to it too!!!

THANKS for the advice :smile:
Reply 3
I'm already at uni. I'm just telling you that when I started last year everyone was something like you are now. So don't stress yourself more by thinking you're abnormal because you're nervous - everyone else feels the same.
Reply 4
I'm just abnormal in about every other way....so what are u studying
Reply 5
I'm doing law.
Reply 6
chocaholic
Hey, my names jas and i'm from london, and by the end of this week i'll be off to study medicine at birmingham!! I don't know anyone going to birmingham, and at the beggining of the holidays when i found out i was the only one off to b'ham didn't seem like a big deal.....oh well i don't need someone to hold my hand, i'm an independent women...oh i can do this...who was i kidding. Well now that the whole thing is a week away, i'm starting to feel just a little apprehensive, in fact the thought of going off to another city all by myself is enough to make me feel queasy. i just hope that i'm not the only one who feels like that. And can anyone give me some advice to settle my nerves!!!!!!!

Please....somebody help me!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hi Chocaholic! I am feeling exactly the same and I only live 30 mins away from the uni! It seems to be all I can think about now, what will freshers week be like, will i make friends, will i like my flat mates, will my flat mates and other people like me! But as N U M E R O U S people and family have said, we are all in the same boat. We are all going to be trying to make friends that extra bit more. Even if you dont enjoy freshers week, its not the end of the world! Many people who i've spoken to said if they were to choose their top 5 nights out none of them would be at Freshers Week!! I know exactly what you are going through but we will be fine! I think, I know I do, think the worst! Anyhoo....good luck everyone and enjoy the next 5/6/7 days!!!

JD
Reply 7
Hey JD

Well i'm just glad that other ppl feel the same way.....and yea freshers is always on my mind, and since i'm doing medicine i'm going to be in b'ham fro 6 yrs so i worried that i'll hate it and it will be 6 long yrs. Thanks for your reply...it does make u feel so much better when u know other ppl are feeling the same.

Good Luck and i might see u around b'ham

JAS
Reply 8
i'm sure u'll love brum its a great city.

Latest

Trending

Trending