The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It would depend on the reason you were unsuccessful for in the first place.
Reply 2
I would deem it unlikely, but it could be possible if you got significantly better grades than you were predicted.

Note that this won't work for Oxford, Cambridge or Imperial.

Which course/uni were you thinking of?
I think it could be possible.

If you were unsuccessful in the first place, it is quite unlikely that the course will be in clearing though as it must have been pretty popular (or they just didnt like you).

If you declined however, there could still be places on your course.
I know someone that got rejected from the uni, but went in through clearing. When they asked her if she applied etc, she said no. Shes now in her second year, actually I know quite a few.

Its not as if they are gonna remember everyone that they gave an offer to, the give out loads.

I am not encouraging lying, I am just saying that it has been done.
Reply 5
what about if you get an offer from a uni which u decline, and then try and get in through clearing, would you be disadvantaged cos you originally declined them?
Reply 6
na221
what about if you get an offer from a uni which u decline, and then try and get in through clearing, would you be disadvantaged cos you originally declined them?

As long as you can sound enthusiastic about the course, and your grades are what they are asking for, you might as well try. You might not get in, but you were good enough to get an offer!

Latest

Trending

Trending