Reply 1
warwick....is nice...AND it is in the top 10 unis
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Which subject?
Reply 3
My taste is warwick, but it's entirely dependent on the person.. I know someone who preferred Imperial to Oxford...
Reply 4
I applied to both of them, and whereas I want to go to Cardiff for my firm, I was very impressed with Exeter - both as a city and a university :smile: it had a very friendly atmosphere, and a good academic reputation!

Rosi xx
HCD
Which subject?

Classics- Warwick

Ancient history- Exeter.
Reply 6
Well, which subject do you prefer? :p: All else being equal, I'd choose Warwick, for the reputation.
Classics at Warwick.

Better subject, too.
I havent visited warwick yet.

but i love love love exeter campus.
Reply 9
I live in Coventry where the Wawick uni campus is, and I went there for a course and it was brilliant. The lecturers are lovely, plus you've got the arts centre where there's loads on, I went to see Jimmy Carr there the other week.

It's a lovely, clean uni, and it's not too big.

Plus you're right next to one of the shopping centres.
If I wasn't from Cov, I would have applied there- but I didn't want to stay in my home town :smile:
The Macabre Vincent Price...
Classics at Warwick.

Better subject, too.

There's a Vincent Price night on a channel called Zone Horror on sky, it reminded me of TSR :p:

To the OP, I'd say Warwick but to be honest I really know enough about the two places to advise you properly.
Rosiepop
I applied to both of them, and whereas I want to go to Cardiff for my firm, I was very impressed with Exeter - both as a city and a university :smile: it had a very friendly atmosphere, and a good academic reputation!

Rosi xx

lol. we applied to the exact same places except bath swap with southampton.

but you are from southampton. and im near bath/bristol lol.

didnt get into bristol tho damnnn them :P!.

:smile:
Reply 12
Tbh if it's reputation you're worried about there's not much difference once you get inside the top 30.

Have never visited Warwick but I've heard the campus is quite far from the city centre - could be a pain maybe?

Since you're in the Exeter forum, we're bound to be biased :p: But have a read of my Exeter tour, and look at the virtual tours on the Exeter website - it might give you a feel for the place.
Reply 13
There is a bus that runs straight to the city centre, and it's not that far.
Plus there's a "varsity" on campus which most of the students go to.
Reply 14
Think about the course first and foremost, because they do vary slightly. You'll also have to spend a few years studying it. However, this is assuming you like both universities. Otherwise, make sure you're in an environment you like, with a good campus, a city you feel comfortable in etc. - although prestige is important, you will most likely get the best out of your degree if you choose wisely. You may want to bear in mind though, as others have mentioned, that outside Oxbridge, Warwick is a highly-regarded, internationally-recognised top university in the UK. I'd say it's on par with some of the top ones in London, as well as Durham & Bristol.

Saying that, though, Exeter is still an excellent university, and as far as I'm aware its Ancient History course and department are top-notch as well. Although this may not be as much help as you want, it really is up to your personal preference, and which university/course you feel you're best suited to.
Reply 15
I've applied to both.. Ancient History for both.. My personal preference is Exeter.
Read the modules..
i would go for exeter...
Reply 17
why?
Reply 18
I applied to both for Economics and got rejected by Warwick so this may be a little biased.

I'd pick Warwick for the reputation and the prestige you'll get from saying you've got a degree from Warwick (rather than Exeter). However I didn't like the campus, it felt a bit boring and the less said about Coventry the better (no offense to the person up there who lives there!).

Exeter I really liked, beautiful campus and a really nice environment I thought - although I don't know what Exeter city centre is like + you're by the sea....ish... :biggrin: You're not going to get an extreme night life in either Universities I believe, so they're quite similar in the social aspect.

But as others have said, choose the course that's right for you, make sure you visit both Universities again, preferably in close time periods to each other, take photos of the place - just think about what it'd be like to study there...not just what it's like on the Open day.

Something you may want to think about however is that it'll may possibly be easier to get a 1st or a good 2:1 at Exeter than it will at Warwick - you'll be made to work a lot harder I think..as they want to keep up their reputation.
Reply 19
^^ disagree with your last line. Everyone I know in Exeter who got a first or a 2.1 basically worked their butts off. Plus, once you get inside the top 25-30 of the league tables there's really very little difference in terms of prestige.

Latest

Trending

Trending