The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most student accounts limit it to £250 a day, but if you go into your branch it should be possible to take out any amount (although some require notice and/or additional ID)
Why don't you just go to the bank itself? I could empty my account if I went straight into the bank (which should tell you something about my funds, or lack thereof), but I can only draw £250 from a cash-point on any given day.
Reply 22
It depends - how big is the car you intend to ram the ATM with?
Reply 23
Segat1

I was going to say that, you big joke stealing headbanger of a cat!
Reply 24
Alliance Leicester is £250 maximum per day from the cash machine.
Reply 25
Segat1

:rofl:
space hopper
May sound somewhat strange, I am new to this whole banking thing! But what do you need to get money out of your account? Thanks

atm card (and your pin number) to get cash from the machine (usually your debit card does this - but some people are deemed unworthy even of a solo card so just get a pure cash machine card)

debit card (solo/switch/ maestro or electron/visa debit) to pay by debit card (and your pin number)

cheque book, bank card and possibly some other id ( for large withdrawls) to cash a cheque at the counter

passbook ( and otherid for large withdrawls) from a book run Building society acount
Reply 27
I don't know what the maximum limit is, but it is a limit defined by you account, and changeable by you. Mine used to be £50 (as it was an account I had when I was 11), then I changed it to £300.
Reply 28
My current account offers £300 from a cash machine (Bank of Scotland). I've not used it a cash machine, but I think my credit card offers the same. You can take more out of your current account in a branch though.

Latest

Trending

Trending