The Student Room Group
I would recommend doing an A level in English. Your other subjects can be whatever you enjoy really, as those are the subjects that you will get the highest possible grades in - which is the most important thing when it comes to getting into a decent uni. Your predicted GCSE grades seem fine, though. It's good you're thinking ahead though.

I would also recommend going on university websites that you might be interested in going to, and seeing what the entry requirements for Law are.
History, English and Politics would be a good Combination, but it's really up to you, I definitely would recommend English.
I personally find it a bit disconcerting that 15 year olds are planning their careers this far in advance.

Still, nothing wrong with early ambition I suppose.
Hundingsbane
I personally find it a bit disconcerting that 15 year olds are planning their careers this far in advance.

Still, nothing wrong with early ambition I suppose.

I agree, it's quite disconcerting, but there you go. I've only just decided which degree I want to do, never mind career...
Reply 5
lol....erm i wuldnt call it "disconcerting"........

I don't c it as a career it jus sommin Ive always wanted 2 do......an im nt 15........lol
There is no 'best' combination for Law, I've a few friends who did maths/science for A levels and do law at some of the best universities.

IMO I'd suggest doing at least 4 A levels in English, History, Politics, Economics, Maths and maybe a language.

Universities- Oxbridge/LSE. There is a major bias towards these universities especially if you want to work for a magic circle firm.

Word of warning - be open with your A level choices, it may happen that when it comes to UCAS something may change your mind about Law for an undergrad. Just something to think about.
Reply 7
unknown demon
There is no 'best' combination for Law, I've a few friends who did maths/science for A levels and do law at some of the best universities.

IMO I'd suggest doing at least 4 A levels in English, History, Politics, Economics, Maths and maybe a language.

Universities- Oxbridge/LSE. There is a major bias towards these universities especially if you want to work for a magic circle firm.

Word of warning - be open with your A level choices, it may happen that when it comes to UCAS something may change your mind about Law for an undergrad. Just something to think about.

Wrong. Oxbridge, maybe. But LSE is viewed exactly the same as UCL, Durham, Bristol, Notts and KCL
nayiseda
Wrong. Oxbridge, maybe. But LSE is viewed exactly the same as UCL, Durham, Bristol, Notts and KCL

May be the case, but the proportion of LSE/Oxbridge is immense in comparison to the other universities you have mentioned, Alma Mater counts ALOT in law, especially this country.

Latest

Trending

Trending