The Student Room Group

economics coursework AQA

Hi there guys Im going to be starting my economics coursework for A-level and am really confused on what to do? If anyone could give me any inspiration and help me to write my coursework. I was thinking about doing the title "Why has the UK economic performance been better than France and Germany over the last 10 years", however I am confused about what points I should use and how to start the essay. Also if anyone has their economics coursework I would much appreciate it if I could see it.
Thanks in advance
can you choose any title you want?? how many words has it gotta be??
Reply 2
yes. can choose any title. 4000 words
Reply 3
mine is "should the government intervene in the housing market" i haven't really done a lot yet as i haven't had time. hoping to get a really high mark tho.
Reply 4
mine is on tourism in hong kong. haven't even touched it! gosh. and i have 2 cw to be handed in before 19th march. :frown:
Reply 5
does anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about doing my economics coursework. Thanks
Does it have to be 4000 words? What happens if you go over that amount?
Theoretically AQA hates it if you go over. BUT every single candidate at my school for years has always done in the range of 5000-6000 words and AQA don't give a *cough*....

The main thing with coursework (I got 84/84 for it! wooo!) is to keep everything concise and to the point. Every single sentence must be relevant and answer the question (or hypothesis).

Try googling "term papers" and "how to write reports"
Reply 8
what!??? how did you get it!? i really want that score!!! to pull up my A2 marks!
Here are the notes on how to construct a good economics coursework:

Application = usage of theory

Analysis = Usage and providing data. Real facts manipulated to show what you mean. For example taking the growth in passenger numbers to show that aviation emissions in the future will be a big problem.

How to get full marks for evaluation

* Look at the whole picture
* Side effects and possible domino effects
* Different sides to the same argument

Demonstrating critical awareness:

Look at strengths/weaknesses

ALWAYS, ALWAYS make sure everything is relevant

Come to a reasoned conclusion in every paragraph. Use data in concluding. Judgements every single time

Style:
Work must be clear
Concise
Have a strong coherent structure

What I did

I read a lot on my chosen topic. Approximately 5000 pages. Then I dumped (my teacher called it a cerebral dump) it into a first draft. Then I sharpened it by:

* Writing next to each paragraph my main point
* Seeing if the paragraph really made my point clear

I recommend a few weeks of doing nothing between the first and second draft.

Do a little bit each day and it also helps if you did the coursework in year 12 (like me!)

Latest