The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

best uwe accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

I think I'm going to study at UWE and since I'm from Sweden I have no idea what the different accommodations are like! My course will be at Frenchway, but from the things I've read in here it sounds like the City centre would be more my style. What's the difference of living in the city centre or at, for example, carroll court?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
is there someone thinking about student village?? btw I have an offer for architecture, anyone else? :smile:
Original post by paula_aguirre
is there someone thinking about student village?? btw I have an offer for architecture, anyone else? :smile:

I've applied for student village too! :biggrin: But offer for accounting and finance! :smile: There is a facebook group for UWE freshers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/207946512721884/248742898642245/?notif_t=group_activity
Reply 23
I got to UWE and on Frenchay there is currently 2 types of accomdation, The big blocks of flats (Carole court, Cotswold court etc.) and the smaller houses that I can't remember the name of at the moment... They're building new stuff at the moment but don't know if it'll be ready in time..

In the centre, the accomodate is ran by unite, which is a big student halls company, you can probably find out about them on their website. They vary a bit, but I think they are all alright, I know people who have stayed in different ones and I haven't heard anyone complain greatly about noise from any of them.

As for Frenchay vs town centre, it depends what you want. Frenchay is on kind of the northern edge of Bristol and doesn't have much around it, so it depends if you want to go out exploring. Frenchay is good if you want to get to your lectures quickly, but you'll have to catch a bus/ taxi to get to the centre of Bristol. Living in the centre is good as everything is on your doorstep, but does mean you have to catch a bus to uni... The one to get is the 14, which goes along the motorway and takes about 20 mins if there's no traffic... 9am lectures are the worst if you live in the centre as the traffic isn't great, expect to get on a bus at 8am to make sure you get there for 9!

I lived in the city centre in my 1st year, which I found great, I would have hated to stay on campus as there's not much surrounding it to do.

Yes , I will learn architecture . Did you choose the accomodation already ?
Original post by bin4ovski
Yes , I will learn architecture . Did you choose the accomodation already ?

my first choice is student village, second carol court.
you???
my first choice is student village, second carol court.
you???

My first is carol court , second Glenside campus .
Btw Did you ever been to Bristol , and if so , did you liked the city and the university ? I ask you because I didnt had a chace to travel to Bristol .:smile:
Original post by bin4ovski
My first is carol court , second Glenside campus .
Btw Did you ever been to Bristol , and if so , did you liked the city and the university ? I ask you because I didnt had a chace to travel to Bristol .:smile:

me neither... :smile::smile:
Reply 28
Original post by ttech
I got to UWE and on Frenchay there is currently 2 types of accomdation, The big blocks of flats (Carole court, Cotswold court etc.) and the smaller houses that I can't remember the name of at the moment... They're building new stuff at the moment but don't know if it'll be ready in time..

In the centre, the accomodate is ran by unite, which is a big student halls company, you can probably find out about them on their website. They vary a bit, but I think they are all alright, I know people who have stayed in different ones and I haven't heard anyone complain greatly about noise from any of them.

As for Frenchay vs town centre, it depends what you want. Frenchay is on kind of the northern edge of Bristol and doesn't have much around it, so it depends if you want to go out exploring. Frenchay is good if you want to get to your lectures quickly, but you'll have to catch a bus/ taxi to get to the centre of Bristol. Living in the centre is good as everything is on your doorstep, but does mean you have to catch a bus to uni... The one to get is the 14, which goes along the motorway and takes about 20 mins if there's no traffic... 9am lectures are the worst if you live in the centre as the traffic isn't great, expect to get on a bus at 8am to make sure you get there for 9!

I lived in the city centre in my 1st year, which I found great, I would have hated to stay on campus as there's not much surrounding it to do.

so what would you suggest? and how long does it take from the frenchay accommodation to the campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi.96
so what would you suggest? and how long does it take from the frenchay accommodation to the campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on which campus, if Frenchay campus then its walking distance from SV and Carroll Court :smile:
There are plenty of rooms available on purple frog. Check it out!

http://www.purplefrogproperty.com/students/Default1112.asp
Hi everyone, im a international student (postgrad). My course will start in Sep. Should i stay on campus or city center. If campus, carol or student vill? I prefer a quiet place
Reply 32
Original post by Hannah Tran
Hi everyone, im a international student (postgrad). My course will start in Sep. Should i stay on campus or city center. If campus, carol or student vill? I prefer a quiet place

Hi Hannah

I'm in the same situation and besides, I'm not from UK. I'm thinking about Wallscourt Park. What do you think?
Original post by albertpf
Hi Hannah

I'm in the same situation and besides, I'm not from UK. I'm thinking about Wallscourt Park. What do you think?

I've thought about it already, but as i know it is a new accommodation. I cant find any picture about wallscourt so its hard to make decision. Moreover, its weakness is no laundry
Original post by AmyliaJanette
I've applied for student village too! :biggrin: But offer for accounting and finance! :smile: There is a facebook group for UWE freshers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/207946512721884/248742898642245/?notif_t=group_activity

Found at this new link :smile: includes jobs and info for all UWE students
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UWEBristolStudentsOfficial/
Original post by Hannah Tran
I've thought about it already, but as i know it is a new accommodation. I cant find any picture about wallscourt so its hard to make decision. Moreover, its weakness is no laundry

I'm currently living in Student Village and so far enjoyed my stay. It is quite as I got the least partying court as most of us are international students. If you're the kind that likes to go to the library and stuff then take an on campus as it is better than relying on the busses to come to Uni. I suggest student village to carroll but that is my own opinion. I've heard from friends that in carroll you can hear what the person in the next room is doing. As for Wallscourt, i'm not sure because I heard that there is laundry in there and it is quite a nice place just depends on which room you get.
Original post by AmyliaJanette
I'm currently living in Student Village and so far enjoyed my stay. It is quite as I got the least partying court as most of us are international students. If you're the kind that likes to go to the library and stuff then take an on campus as it is better than relying on the busses to come to Uni. I suggest student village to carroll but that is my own opinion. I've heard from friends that in carroll you can hear what the person in the next room is doing. As for Wallscourt, i'm not sure because I heard that there is laundry in there and it is quite a nice place just depends on which room you get.

Thank you, it definitely helps me a lot
I will be a post grad student as well doing MSc Health psych. (I am Turkish Australian international student) Can anyone plz post some pix of student villages lol. There isn't much on the net at all that I could find. Any other post grad students keep in touch :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Hey guys,
So I might be going in September doing Drama and Acting and im looking into accomodation atm.Where would be a good place to check?
Original post by OzantheAussie
I will be a post grad student as well doing MSc Health psych. (I am Turkish Australian international student) Can anyone plz post some pix of student villages lol. There isn't much on the net at all that I could find. Any other post grad students keep in touch :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, you can find images of the Student Village here http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/uweaccommodationoptions/studentvillage/studentvillagegallery.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending