The Student Room Group

Resits.

Well I'll obviously will be doing resits in June, due to lack of revision for these ones

But my school only allows 6 resits in the summer, I guessing this since the forms we fill in only allows six papers, so if I wanted to do more (it'll probably be 7 resits), would I have to apply outside for that extra exam?

I know I'll have to talk to the sixth form head...but yeah I was just wondering. I'd hate to have to come in next year during my gap year to retake them.
Reply 1
Im sure you might be able to talk them out of it/change it or something???

Other than that, if people are thinking of doing resits then look at this website, it tells you when all the exams are so will help you decide whether or not to retake, as it won't be a good idea retaking an exam if you already have 2 exams on that day!! Found it the other day and thought I would share it for those that don't know about it.

www.modernisationonline.org.uk
You can always talk to the head of sixth form. S/he will probably be understanding as you're taking a gap year.

But are you really desperate to do a 7th one? The school probably has a limit on the number of resits for good reasons e.g. workload too heavy. It's easy to register for resits, but the revision isn't that easy.
Reply 3
I have a similar problem. I did a Physics practical retake and completely screwed it up and will probably have to retake again. My school doesn't do Physics practical retakes in June (no negotitation) - where can I take it?
Reply 4
Yeah I am actually desperate to get all my exams out the way.

And they're all maths ones, unless Economics Unit 4 goes disastrously...so technically I'll be going over past stuff, which would make sense to take it all at once.

tomoli
I have a similar problem. I did a Physics practical retake and completely screwed it up and will probably have to retake again. My school doesn't do Physics practical retakes in June (no negotitation) - where can I take it?

I believe (don't take my word for it though), but you're able to enter outside your school, as in the same candidate number, but you take in somewhere else, say another school. I think so anyway, I vaguely remember someone doing that.

Also, someone was saying that if you resat the same exam two (so technically you've taken the paper three times), then the third one is the one that sticks???
Reply 5
Really? I thought that you just took whichever is the highest.

Can anyone confirm this?
Reply 6
my college rules are than you're not allowed to do more than 6 exams in one session - i had 9 this jan..

just tell them its your future & your decision that you need to do these exams to get the marks you need. If you make it clear you're gonna sit the exam elsewhere anyway then its a bit silly if they dont then let you take them there - its just more hassle & stress to organise doing it somewhere else surely??

Latest