The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
fisix
ye you are allowed graphical calcs, you get one from a shop.

Haha, :rofl:.
Reply 21
Hi does anyone have the mark scheme for june 2007 FP1 would be really helpful if you did.
Reply 22
E-Girl
Haha, :rofl:.

silly question silly answer right?? I was going to be meaner and give a really sarcastic answer, but polar co-ordinates are actually killing me
Reply 23
EDEXCEL FP1 JUNE 2008 anyone??
hahahha
Reply 24
I think it is going to be a very tough paper. FP1 june 2007 was a piece of cake.
let's pray then .. :biggrin:
I'm PRAYING that the last two/three questions are NOT polar coordinates. They were in June and January last year, and I think January 2006 too. So fingers crossed for them not being! What I get confused by, is the limits when two curves overlap, and you want to find the region within the overlap. Say they were two circles, with an overlap, what would the limits be? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as it's not long away now! Thanks!
(if you want any past papers or markschemes, I have them all, so let me know!)
well yeah I think that's gonna be tough mate, polar coordinates has been on every exam i've done until now, and that's say... from 2001 onwards... including most of the solomons, so... keep praying mate, jeje, and as for the limits with respect to the overlapping regions, I think most of the times it's not about the limits. You can't normally get the answer out of only 1 integral, or at least I normally like to think of it as something take away something else. It's pretty though trying to explain through writing, but if you think about it, normally there's a line of symmetry across the initial line, so don't worry about the lower half. Then on the upper half, you should try to work out what each integral means, and the actual area it covers (which is basically a straight line from the origin to wherever on the curve you set the limits and anything between them is the area), try to draw it yourself it helps a lot. When you draw the area it covers you'll find out you may have to subtract a triangle from it, or you may have to add something on from an integral of the other curve...
I'm sorry if my explanation sounds a bit confusing, but it's the best I can do... and good luck, not many hours left... :biggrin:
Thanks! I know polar coordinates are going to come up, but I meant that the last two or three questions (normally the harder ones worth more marks, therefore more marks to lose on my weak topic!) won't be polar coordinate questions, as they have been in the last couple. Your explanation is very good, although I appreciate it's hard to type! I'll just have to draw it for myself very clearly, to work out EXACTLY what area i'm working out!
Thanks very much, and good luck to everyone taking it!
bobbiebuddha
Thanks! I know polar coordinates are going to come up, but I meant that the last two or three questions (normally the harder ones worth more marks, therefore more marks to lose on my weak topic!) won't be polar coordinate questions, as they have been in the last couple. Your explanation is very good, although I appreciate it's hard to type! I'll just have to draw it for myself very clearly, to work out EXACTLY what area i'm working out!
Thanks very much, and good luck to everyone taking it!

hey mate do u happen to have the JAN 2007 FP1 mark scheme? i hav the paper but no mark scheme thx
yeh, can u pm me your email address please?

Latest