The Student Room Group

do safety choices know theyre safety choices??

just wondering if my safety choice will know they are because ive heard if they do, theyre probs unlikey to keep a space for you, and disregard you seeing as its morelikely you'll get in to your top?
im just wondering because i want to go to nottingham but may get rejected if i dnt get AAB, but am scared uea will reject me 2!
i also heard if you book and pay a deposit for accomodation b4 u get ur results youre more likely to be let in seein as you already hav a room!!??? haha brill, but is any of that true?
Reply 1
If they've given you a conditional offer then they can't refuse you a place. If you put it as your insurance they will definitely keep a place for you!
Reply 2
yes they do.
but they have to keep a space for u.
Reply 3
Your insurance university is under a contractual obligation to give you a place if you don't meet your Firm's offer but meet theirs, thats what I've been told anyway. Also you are under an obligation to go to your insurance if this happens.
Reply 4
Yeah the insurance choice will know you have put them as insurance because of UCAS. As well as UCAS letting your firm and any of your declines of your decisions.
Firstly, it is called "insurance" not "safety" :smile:
And yes, they will know, because some unis only offer the firm applicants a choice of accomadation.

Warwick give firm/insurance same priority though... possibly some more do too.

Lastly, that sounds like one of those silly rumours. They won't be more likely to accept you because you paid them a little money, they want the best students they can get. If they have space, or they think you have real potential, that is when they will accept you if you miss your grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending