The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well my hair is a reallyreally dark shade of brown and i have it dyed red at the hairdressers every 6 months or so and it looks good! I think it would suit you but i think that it looks best if you have dark eyes as well as dark hair. Try it !
Reply 2
thanks for the answer!

what kind of red did you choose? cause there are sooo many kinds:-)
Reply 3
Um im not really sure to be honest because they just showed me in a book :p:

Its bright red, not like a clowns hair though! Bit darker than that if you get what i mean.
Reply 4
I don't think it would be wise to dye your hair red. Wouldn't suit your face. I seriously think you might end up looking like you're wearing a wig! Sorry! :p:

Try something a little less drastic...

Why red, anyways? Trying to please some bloke? :wink:
What do you think of brunette with red highlights?
I think that would suit you :smile:
Reply 6
I agree with Ayla Phoenix - red lowlights might be a nice change, but not too drastic!

Rosi xx
On this subject, does any one know if any highstreet hair products do a semi permenant redy/purpley colour? Not drastic red though- the darker ones? As all i seem to be able to find is permenant
Reply 8
On this subject, does any one know if any highstreet hair products do a semi permenant redy/purpley colour? Not drastic red though- the darker ones? As all i seem to be able to find is permenant

Last time I looked, Superdrug do some really good semi-permanant reddish dyes. My friend used their range a couple of years back for a plum-red semi, and it looked gorgeous :smile: nice and cheap too!

Alternatively, I think L'Oreal Casting have some nice dark reds, and they're semi-permanant too, but more pricey then Superdrug!

Good luck :smile:

Rosi xx
ah cheers:smile:
Reply 10
[quote='rach [shikari]']ah cheers:smile:

Yeah, definitely look in Superdrug, I got one from there a while ago. :smile:
If you're not sure about going postbox red how about a more burgundy colour?

Not sure if you'd suit something like this

But something like these could look really cute!

The third colour is the best / most natural.
oh dear, I'm scared of the girl in the first one, looks like she would own me in a staring contest. then take a lock of my hair as a trophy.
^ the 3rd girl's hair colour, I think, would suit the OP the most. It's really a nice, natural looking shade :smile:
Reply 14
My hair is naturally dark brown/black but I've dyed it so now it's red/purple/black. I use Shwarzkopf XXL Black Red. I think it might suit you OP?

Latest