The Student Room Group
of course you have time to read them again. go and do it now. there's no articles you should have read specifically, hopefully you maintain enough of an ongoing interest to have read stuff in papers/on the web about various issues.
Reply 2
Well if you read them before, when you re-look at them, they should refresh your memory. I think you should play it safe and take time to get familar with your personal statement, so you don't hesitate too much when (and if) they ask a question from the statement. If they think you exaggerated that you knew an article and you can't produce the goods in the interview, they might question your whole statement.
Reply 3
well surely you know your P.S well because its about you, your experiences and what you have gained from them etc and who knows you better than well... you?

read through it to remind yourself what you wrote but don't worry too much
good luck with the interview mine is tommorow :smile:
Reply 5
neilnpatel, your posts always annoy me. you don't seem to have much initiative, if any at all
Reply 6
No you don't because the interviewers at SGUL know nothing about you and they won't have read your PS. It might be a good idea to look at some recent articles though.
Reply 7
ph9
neilnpatel, your posts always annoy me. you don't seem to have much initiative, if any at all

lol its just that it says they wont c your personal statement or details.

I have a central concepts exam on wednesday so i want to know where to prioritise. I dont want to spend the day re-reading articles that wont be needed when i could revise for an exam i am currently struggling with.

edit=thanks to the person above
one more thing ... does SGUL use pro-section or dissection ?

i cant find the answer anywhere !

help cheers
Reply 9
neilnpatel

I have a central concepts exam on wednesday so i want to know where to prioritise. I dont want to spend the day re-reading articles that wont be needed when i could revise for an exam i am currently struggling with.

fair enough, but there's a chance you could get asked on recent health issues you've read about so it's probably a good idea to get reading. it would hardly take up a whole day lol. 20/30 mins, if even that! then you can re-read just before your interview
Reply 10
roberto775544
one more thing ... does SGUL use pro-section or dissection ?

i cant find the answer anywhere !

help cheers

If you've looked everywhere, why stress? You can use it as you "is there anything you want to ask us" question...
Reply 11
ph9
fair enough, but there's a chance you could get asked on recent health issues you've read about so it's probably a good idea to get reading. it would hardly take up a whole day lol. 20/30 mins, if even that! then you can re-read just before your interview

i will in about 5 minss,reading the 150 medical interview question book. ( Does anyone find that the answers are almost too perfect and do you not think that if you try to emulate this you would crash and burn, i think i am just going to try and do it naturally)

Would you say that the bbc and guardian health websites were adequate
Reply 12
Urghhh - not sure about crashing and burning, but I would burn that bloody book. Pre-rehersed answers often stand out like a sore thumb...
Reply 13
neilnpatel

Would you say that the bbc and guardian health websites were adequate

yeah definitely, i read both but atm i prefer the bbc, just because there's tonnes of interesting articles you can access

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/default.stm

the science/nature bit is good too
Reply 14
neilnpatel

Exams can be crammed for tomorrow night, or Tuesday, or even the night before - thats why students develope the art of procrastination. Go read about your PS - if not for their questions then for something you can talk about.

Ffs - this is your one opportunity - are you just going to make a half arsed effort and miss out? Get the offer, then work for the grades, you have another retake in June anyway.

Get your arse in gear and actually engage brain.

Oh and ph9 - Don't you think Nature is a bit high brow? Ooo - hows it going btw?
Reply 15
Wangers

Oh and ph9 - Don't you think Nature is a bit high brow? Ooo - hows it going btw?

woops, i meant the science/nature link on the left side of the bbc website. :p: often i read interesting articles on genetics or something and then i see they've referenced nature but damn i can't read that journal. need layman's terms

uni wise, it's all good. :smile: muchos gracias for asking :biggrin: waiting for one more uni.. hopefully the reply will come soon as i don't want to go traveling having not sorted out accommodation/finance!! you got your firm/stuff sorted?
Reply 16
ph9
woops, i meant the science/nature link on the left side of the bbc website. :p: often i read interesting articles on genetics or something and then i see they've referenced nature but damn i can't read that journal. need layman's terms

uni wise, it's all good. :smile: muchos gracias for asking :biggrin: waiting for one more uni.. hopefully the reply will come soon as i don't want to go traveling having not sorted out accommodation/finance!! you got your firm/stuff sorted?

Oops - I misread that sentence - I was thinking, either I'm mistaken or shes insanely good. Anyway.

Yea UCMS is my firm, they sent my accomm postcard back though its not sorted yet - not too sure about finance either:s-smilie: I'm still befuddled sorting out my own tax return shizzle. I think we need to contact the SLC? Then I'll work for a bit more and then travel, if China dosn't work out I'll interrail Europe on the cheap.

What about you, where are you off to for the rest of the year?

:five: for the gappers :biggrin:
Reply 17
Wangers
Oops - I misread that sentence - I was thinking, either I'm mistaken or shes insanely good. Anyway.

Yea UCMS is my firm, they sent my accomm postcard back though its not sorted yet - not too sure about finance either:s-smilie: I'm still befuddled sorting out my own tax return shizzle. I think we need to contact the SLC? Then I'll work for a bit more and then travel, if China dosn't work out I'll interrail Europe on the cheap.

What about you, where are you off to for the rest of the year?

:five: for the gappers :biggrin:

damn right, so happy i got 4 rejections last year haha. and to think i was totally against a gap year at the beginning of year 13..

gosh i've no idea about the student finance thing. i was thinking all i'd worry about is getting forms back in time.. i hope there are no complications or anything

ucms :biggrin: london's the best. i'm going to be traveling europe for 2 months and then off to argentina for 4 weeks wahoooo. interrailing sounds amazing, i wanted to do that. probs will another summer though

you feeling nervous about starting uni? i kinda never wanna start. :-/
Reply 18
ph9
damn right, so happy i got 4 rejections last year haha. and to think i was totally against a gap year at the beginning of year 13..

gosh i've no idea about the student finance thing. i was thinking all i'd worry about is getting forms back in time.. i hope there are no complications or anything

ucms :biggrin: london's the best. i'm going to be traveling europe for 2 months and then off to argentina for 4 weeks wahoooo. interrailing sounds amazing, i wanted to do that. probs will another summer though

you feeling nervous about starting uni? i kinda never wanna start. :-/

You coming to UC then? I havent really organised it yet though:s-smilie: , not too keen to leaving to find I have no accommodation.....Mind me being very nosy:redface: but how much does it cost ish to go around Europe? Cus thats what I wanna do, but I do want some money left to show for this year as well...maybe PM?

As for Uni - I can't wait. I went to boarding school so I'm used to living in halls -ish and being away from home. Although I won't get the wohoooooooooo away from home rush:s-smilie: .
Reply 19
Wangers
You coming to UC then? I havent really organised it yet though:s-smilie: , not too keen to leaving to find I have no accommodation.....Mind me being very nosy:redface: but how much does it cost ish to go around Europe? Cus thats what I wanna do, but I do want some money left to show for this year as well...maybe PM?

As for Uni - I can't wait. I went to boarding school so I'm used to living in halls -ish and being away from home. Although I won't get the wohoooooooooo away from home rush:s-smilie: .

interrailing's probably cheaper than what i'm doing, i'll explain in pm

Latest

Trending

Trending