The Student Room Group
That sounds like quite a hard topic to research, without going down to the local magistrates' court and getting primary data yourself, because I doubt that there will be much information held about defendants' attractiveness; I don't even think there will be a great deal of cases reported with pictures attached, unless you went with the high profile ones, but that may then bias your research as it loses generalisability.

Can you change your research topic? If so, I'd think of doing something like 'To what extent does physical attractiveness affect (not effect btw - I'm not being picky, I just don't want you to get it wrong on your coursework!) academic attainment (AS grades)' - that might be quite fun, as you could use your year group, and it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation! Or maybe 'To what extent does physical attractiveness affect number of friends'.
Reply 2
yaf
OP
thanks alot jismith i had a bit more of a work with the teacher and i know what i need to do (its a oppunity sampling thing with a photot and a crime sceniro very boring)!

but is it afffect not effect then ,this is very useful for this as i dont trust my teacher to notice this subtle differnant

thanks again for ur time
Haha, that's cool! But I see how you can do it now! (Although I'd personally say that your results won't be very representative as your sample, presumably, isn't going to be made up of the judiciary [judges] and they may be less prejudiced and more objective than the people you use in your sample - but that's not a bad thing, just something maybe to mention in evaluation!) And yeah, it's definitely affect - trust me, I'm a geek! Hope the coursework goes okay!
Reply 4
yaf
OP
sorry that should have said word (not work)
is there anything els u can think of in my evauluation

when i wrote this i had alot of this done but im sorry i didnt make that very clear ,

if ur not busy would u mind having a look and ill send u it

i will totally understand if u rather not
thanks
Fay
Sure, send it me. It might take a few days for me to get back to you, cos I'm quite busy, but I will! My e-mail is: Mod edit: Please don't post emails on the public forum.
yaf
hi

i was just wondering if anybody had done or knows of anywere i can look (thats free ) as a referance on AS (edexcel)psychology coursework

about
how does attractiveness effect length of sentencing

?
would be extremly gratefull
thank you

Hi, I did that topic for my coursework for AQA.

What experiment did you do? Did you compare the length of sentences given to an attractive defendant and an unattractive defendant in the same crime scenario?
In the introduction, I used:
-Sigall and OStrove
-Michael Efran (1974)
and some others that I think I had to edit out...

PM me if you need help!

xx
Reply 7
yaf
OP
A Beautiful Nightmare
Hi, I did that topic for my coursework for AQA.

What experiment did you do? Did you compare the length of sentences given to an attractive defendant and an unattractive defendant in the same crime scenario?
In the introduction, I used:
-Sigall and OStrove
-Michael Efran (1974)
and some others that I think I had to edit out...

PM me if you need help!

xx

yes this is what i have done im just getting it marked before i make changes and then given the finishe piece in

thanks ill let you know over any queries!

Latest

Trending

Trending