The Student Room Group

What LNAT mark would you be satisfied with?

I was thinking about this today and I realised that I'm such a perfectionist I'm not going to be happy with anything less than 30/30. Obviously that's not going to happen, so realistically I think I'd be satisfied with anything over 22 or 23. Anything less than that I'll be disappointed and anything less than about 17 I'll be completely gutted.

What about you?

Scroll to see replies

hang_your_heart
I was thinking about this today and I realised that I'm such a perfectionist I'm not going to be happy with anything less than 30/30. Obviously that's not going to happen, so realistically I think I'd be satisfied with anything over 22 or 23. Anything less than that I'll be disappointed and anything less than about 17 I'll be completely gutted.

What about you?

I'd want something as good as, or better than, the practise one online.
Of course, the practise one doesn't mark the essay, but essentially I'd hope to get at least in the region of 27.
Reply 2
The average is around 16, but does it really matter so long as you got accepted by the unis that you wanted?
I think it'll be more funny if I find that I got 1 or something... :p:
Reply 3
I'd be satisfied with 24ish
Reply 4
id be happy if i got anything over 4
I forgot to mention, I sat the LNAT and then after all, didn't apply for Law ;P I'm just intrigued to find out what I got
Reply 6
Anything above 15. At first I was only applying to one uni that required the LNAT and that was my 4th choice so i didn't really care. Since i changed my unis though I think now three of them want it argh! I went into it with no preperation at all so I'm probably gonna get a low mark, however my thinking is that it cant be that bad as then i would surely have already been rejected (well thats my thinking anyway :smile:). When do the results come out?
Reply 7
17 i would be really happy with below 14 i'd be kinda upset with.
About 16? Although i would like to get lower than that just because Nottingham still accepted me!
Reply 9
im not sure-i got 13 on the practice,but my offers still came in so it can't have been tht bad...i'll be happy with 16-18:smile:
I will be really happy with anything over 20, to be honest (and I feel like by saying this, I am jinxing myself!)

If it's below 20, I will be disappointed in myself, worried about my suitability for Law, and I'll start panicking in earnest about getting into Bristol and Kings College.

I have a strange feeling that I got an 18, though. :\ I don't know why.

I really dislike speculatiing about this sort of thing, because I inevitably end up stressing about it.

But if I get below average (16) I'll be really upset.

Roll on Thursday.
brightxburns
I will be really happy with anything over 20, to be honest (and I feel like by saying this, I am jinxing myself!)

If it's below 20, I will be disappointed in myself, worried about my suitability for Law, and I'll start panicking in earnest about getting into Bristol and Kings College.

I have a strange feeling that I got an 18, though. :\ I don't know why.

I really dislike speculatiing about this sort of thing, because I inevitably end up stressing about it.

But if I get below average (16) I'll be really upset.

Roll on Thursday.

relax, the poster above has all 5 offers back, including Oxford, with having only scored 13 on the practice paper!
LNAT isn't everything, and you can learn the critical skills required to succeed.
Reply 12
Umm - 20 or over but like Ad-Alta said I don't really mind because UCAS has been kind to me so far :smile:
Greatleysteg
relax, the poster above has all 5 offers back, including Oxford, with having only scored 13 on the practice paper

Hmm, but they could have scored 24 or something in the real test. You never know.
Reply 14
haha i seriously doubt that-i did a few more papers and didnt get anything above 17....it will be a miracle if i get 24 brightxburns!
Reply 15
I would have been satisfied by anything above national average, but I did a lot better than that so I was ecstatic :biggrin:
helenkr
I would have been satisfied by anything above national average, but I did a lot better than that so I was ecstatic :biggrin:

Er, can I just ask, why do you hate studying Law at Cambridge (as you wrote in your profile)?
Reply 17
ManxKirsty
About 16? Although i would like to get lower than that just because Nottingham still accepted me!

hahaha exactly the same position!
Reply 18
brightxburns
Er, can I just ask, why do you hate studying Law at Cambridge (as you wrote in your profile)?

It's a lot of work for little recognition. I do about 20 to 30 hours work per supervision (I have 5 per fortnight) and the whole thing is so competitive. If you are not the best a lot of people view you as worthless. A lot of people really love it here, but to be perfectly honest it just isn't for me. I would rather happily chat about rubbish or even about studies, but it always turns into a competition of who has done the most work, did the best essay, understands things the best and so forth. More so when I talk to people from other colleges than when I talk within my college, but even within college the competition is still there. I'm just not strong enough personality-wise to compete.
Reply 19
helenkr
It's a lot of work for little recognition. I do about 20 to 30 hours work per supervision (I have 5 per fortnight) and the whole thing is so competitive. If you are not the best a lot of people view you as worthless. A lot of people really love it here, but to be perfectly honest it just isn't for me. I would rather happily chat about rubbish or even about studies, but it always turns into a competition of who has done the most work, did the best essay, understands things the best and so forth. More so when I talk to people from other colleges than when I talk within my college, but even within college the competition is still there. I'm just not strong enough personality-wise to compete.

:frown: It's the reverse of the image they try and persuade you with

I would like it to be academic (i.e actually discuss the work from time to time) but no uber competitive, its just unneccesary

Latest

Trending

Trending