The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

we have lots of incidents regarding the desks and also our fire alarm, electric and heating plays up so we get random interuptions :grumble:
Jessaay!
The funniest moment was realising that my maths teacher wasn't actually going to teach me maths.
It was pretty damn hilarious as you can imagine :P

:ditto: It wasnt the funniest moment but this happened to me for biology and statistics.

I was singing in my maths mock, we hadnt finished the text book and no one had bothered to revise so we exchanged a bit of answers too :awesome: Our maths teacher told us to stop but she didnt even sound like she ment it. We told her before hand there was no point for the exam.

I did my language exam last year but some people in my year are taking it this year. After the first five minutes of her exam, my mate put her hand up and shouted "Finished!"

There are plenty more funny moments during my GCSEs and im seriously going to miss everyone :sad:
In one of our mocks the teacher went to write the time on the board with the clocks and the board collapsed :P
Reply 23
In my mocks one of my friends is excessively paranoid that she will randomly have a nosebleed in the middle of an exam and always takes a mirror and tissues in the exam. We managed to persuade her to leave them out in our History mock and an hour in she had a really random massive nosebleed. :rolleyes: It was spooky more than anything.

As we were coming out of our English Lang GCSE one of my friends was like 'Omg, was that a real GCSE then?'. Haha.

And in our maths mock one boy fainted, but it took anyone ages to realize he was actually unconcious. He'd drooled everywhere, haha.

I'm sure there's laods more, I can't think of... :biggrin:
This was a while ago last year in the Science modular exam and there was a storm halfway through. It was raining really heavily and the next thing you know, LIGHTNING! Some people screamed. One examiner jumped out of herself!
Reply 25
One moment in a gcse maths exam, one girl sitting a few desks away from me, opened her test paper and after reading the first question proceeded to shout out "Omg how the f**k am i supposed to do that!"
Reply 26
Kater Murr
When I was doing my GCSEs someone got all Us. AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA.

(This didn't really happen.)

I'm sure a lad in our year "achieved" this when we were doing our GCSEs last year :lolwut:
But nothing really funny happened at our school, just the normal deliberate coughing, whistling and giggling when the examiners called the lads being a nuisance "twerps"...
In my French Listening, the really old invigilator proceeded to write the start and finnish time on the board- the was old and didn't realise that you can't write on interactive white boards! I couldn't stop laughing, the tape was rolling, and my teacher who was operating the tape turned around and saw what he was doing and her face was PRICELESS. She was rubbing the board like crazy, and i missed about a quarter of the paper from laughing and not being able to listen! I ended up with a B...
oscarwildelike
we have these fans at the top of the hall in which we sit our exams. A pigeon flew into it in our maths mock, lots of loud squarking ensued then a crunch and bloody feathers drifting down lol. We had to retake the exam after school :frown:

OMG LOL!!!! But ew...
:awesome:
Reply 30
This was just during an end of topic test...

It was some physics test, and there was 1 or 2 multiple choice questions, a boy puts his hand up, and says (loud enough for everyone to hear): The answer I want to put isn't an option.

:gigg: It made me laugh :blushing:
Having closed ears throughout the GCSE's so to tell them 'your teaching really reeks but I am going to get top grades anyway'.
:p:
in my spanish mock oral my teacher was trying to gesture the past tense to me- because i was speaking in the future :s-smilie: and leaned so far back he fell off his chair. I got the message though i hope it doesnt happen in the real thing
so.simple
This was just during an end of topic test...

It was some physics test, and there was 1 or 2 multiple choice questions, a boy puts his hand up, and says (loud enough for everyone to hear): The answer I want to put isn't an option.

:gigg: It made me laugh :blushing:

Lol :P

We have also had people who came out of a science modular going, ouch that was hard hope the real one isnt as bad thinking it was a mock! :zomg:
Reply 34
Ah just remembered another one...

It was during my german oral, and I had to say how I help the environment, and I could only remember one way, so the teacher was like trying to get me to say 'recycle' except I didn't know how to say it in German :redface:, and she started laughing at me (in a nice way), and then I was all :giggle:. It was really strangeee lol.

And then like 5 minutes after the thing, I'm told that it's 'recyclun' :rolleyes:
During the French oral, we were given 5 minutes to prepare in a tiny room with a supervisor watching over us.

When I went in, he fell asleep after about 2 minutes. Didn't realise until he started snoring. I was focusing so hard on my revision it scared the bejeezus out of me.
Reply 36
Is it me or is everyone having far too much fun...

In my school we have the odd *smelly invigilator*, laughter in an exam and falling tables
In my French class, well it wasn't an exam but ah well, we had a cover teacher and one kid had stolen the projector remote and kept switching it off and back on when he got bored. The supply was going mad trying to figure out what was wrong! And then we were laughing terribly loud!
I went into a Maths exam once, and in my left pocket was a calculator and a protractor, and in the other were my pen, spare pen, pencil and unfinished chocolate bar from the day earlier. It was boiling that day, and when I went to take the pen out of my pocket, my hand was covered in chocolate and I didn't realize this until it was smeared all over the front of the paper.
Wonder if the examiner enjoyed that? I guess I'll never know.

Other people thought this was funny but the science modular exams in year 10 freaked me out, and I hardly tried revising at all because it wasn't ever my kind of subject.
I did three of these papers before I realized that they were real. The low grade in Science puts a black mark on the rest of my GCSEs!

And in one other GCSE exam (think it was History) I had a bumpy unleveled table and it caused a racket for the first half hour before an invigilator came up to me and said "You want paper to even that out?" and I was like "Yeah that'd be helpful.."
He comes up to me with one sheet of paper and I said "How the hell's that going to make a difference?"

A person sitting in front of me, who came out with an F said "you're supposed to fold it you retard!"

And finally, if anyone does French and has to listen to the tapes as a sort of listening comprehension, notice how the man always has a very deep and creepy voice while the woman sounds like a gerbil on a diet of unlimited helium.
My friend, who went to a different school, was supposed to write
"and Jesus was seized by the gentiles" in his GCSE paper.
He misspelled it.
"and Jesus was seized by the genitals"
The examiner was not pleased XD

For me, as I'm an atheistic agnostic, translating some of my GCSE Biblical Hebrew set texts for the first time has been quite an experience. I can't really remember them properly (bad sign, oo er) but here's the gist.
"And then we shall eat your son"
"Lo, he read the parchment then tore his clothes off and shouted"
"He brought his head out from between his knees"

Also, our history teacher was talking about WWI and attempted an impression of Kaiser Wilhelm II. After a particularly bad imitation I quipped
"I thought the Kaiser was supposed to be German"
Deadly silence :laugh:

Latest