The Student Room Group

Tights vs. Stockings/holdups

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ta-dahh. I caved and bought some hold ups. And Am loving them so far! Must all I have done so far is walk downstairs!
Reply 41
sarCAZm
Ta-dahh. I caved and bought some hold ups. And Am loving them so far! Must all I have done so far is walk downstairs!

:biggrin: Welcome to the dark side.
Reply 42
*Katie*
:biggrin: Welcome to the dark side.

the dark side is comfy and shineyyy
Reply 43
Yeppo

Quite like the feeling of wearing stockings and no body else knowing though:ninja:

Hell yes.:cool:
Hmm well sometimes it has to be tights for practical reasons but both me and the bf love stockings :biggrin: Quick question: is it just me or do hold-ups come further up your thigh than normal stockings? Because I found that the normal stockings I bought to go with a suspender belt don't go up as high :s-smilie: And they were the same size as my hold-ups, just minus the stickiness :s-smilie: Also anyone got any advice on where to buy just a plain black suspender belt? Because the one I have was fairly cheap and the clips don't go through the sticky part of my hold-ups :s-smilie: Advice please!!
tights all the way
Original post by sarCAZm
.....let the debate commence.

Has to betights tights tights for me
Original post by Gredford
tights all the way

Original post by Gredford
Has to betights tights tights for me

You commented a week ago then came back to comment basically the exact same thing?
Original post by Precious Illusions
You commented a week ago then came back to comment basically the exact same thing?

oops very sorry about that
Reply 49
Stockings for me every day of the week.
I have been a regular stockings wearer for 10 years now.
I first started wearing them when I was 14, and still at school.
They are so comfortable and feminine. The advantage over tights are.
They hardly ever fall down, no saggy gussets ugh!!!! And far more healthy.
Suspenders.
Reply 51
I beg to differ. I have been wearing stockings for 10, years now.
None of my dresses or skirts are below the knee, in fact some are even shorter.
Nobody has ever said to me I can see your stocking tops, or any adverse comments.
The only way that might happen is if they can see through the splits on the back of my dresses/ skirts. I am quite prepared to take that risk as I love my dresses and skirts and am not prepared to change my wardrobe lol. Xx

Original post by dementedbunny
stockings are sexier but i can't wear them with short skirts or shorts. so i choose tights since most of my skirts are above stocking length.
Reply 52
Without doubt.
I dont do hold ups. Xx
Original post by ChrisW99
Suspenders.
Reply 53
Well done Alice jb.
I am glad to hear you are a fellow stockings and suspender belt wearer.
I have been wearing stockings for over 10, years now and would never go back to tights ugh!!!! I wear mine every day and love it. Makes me feel all girlie and feminine. Not into hold ups, never worked for me. Xx

Original post by alicejb
No questions about it - stockings and suspenders all the time. Tights are sooo uncomfortable when you have to wear them everyday.

Sometimes use hold ups but prefer stockings and suspenders as they are less likely to come down. With a goos suspender belt they are no hassle at all.

I wear them everyday and have done for ages.
Tights all day long
This thread is 11 years old.
Seems like it has been re invented.
So in that case, definitely hold ups and stockings for me.
Stockings
As a man I naturally prefer stockings however dark tights, a short skirt and boots looks equally attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending