The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cooro
oh okay, thank you

can't find the website but heres what i wrote Another supporting study of LO.P was Bower and Karlin (1974). Bower and Karlin found 12 university students. They were told that they were taking part in an experiment to measure how fast they could make a judgement. 216 black and white pictures with 72 duplicate pairs and 72 unique photos were used. The original slide was presented to participants with one of the 72 duplicate photos. Half of the photos were female and male. All the people in the photos were white and were stereotypes of males and. Photos were shown on a Kodak Carousel projector, each photo shown for 5 seconds. Participants indicated their judgement by pressing one of the 2 buttons in front of them. Before the experiment started the experimenter excused himself to “turn on data recording equipment in the next room” but the buttons the participants were using were false. Participants made one of 3 judgments for each photo. For the decision about gender, the person was asked to press one button for whether the person was male or female as likableness and honesty judgments a scale and criteria was used.

As a slide was shown they had to make a judgment as soon and as accurate as they could, the participants were also told that they should continue to look at the photo until the next photo appeared. After this was completed participants were told they were going to do a test. Participants were shown the same 72 photos with 72 new photos which were mixed. Participants were asked if they recognised the photo. Each photo was shown for 5 seconds and after participants was de-briefed.
Results of the experiment:

Judgement Percentage of correct recognition / %
Honesty 81
Likableness 75
Gender 60

Showing that semantically processed information is better remembered than structural.
Reply 21
Awesome, thanks ^^
thats ok, i'm happy to help.
have you got any semantically similar word lists i cnt think of any!
please reply soon im doin the same cswrk as you lol but im doing acoustically similar and disimilar words as well! any advice? i dnt even know how to start my introduction lol

Latest

Trending

Trending