The Student Room Group
University of York
York

I have an interview for English Lit! Any tips greatly appreciated!

Hey guys.

A beautiful letter arrived today, stating I have an interview on the 20th of Feb consisting of a 'conversation, lasting about half an hour, with one of the tutors from the Department. The discussion is likely to focus in particular on your reading and intellectual interests, academically and beyond your course specification. It will provide you with an opportunity to ask your interviewer about aspects of the course, the Department and the University'.

It also asks me 'bring with you three recent examples of your written work', which is fine. Has anybody had experience in this process before? What kind of questions will I be asked? I'm thinking I should take a few novels I've been reading recently with me, to discuss, perhaps? Also, what should I wear? :confused:

Thanks guys!
I've not had an interview, but i imagine going over your personal statement and making sure you can talk about everything you mentioned is a good plan.

I just got back from the English open day-all the staff i met were really lovely and easy to talk to,so don't worry too much!

As for clothes, smart casual? Nice jeans and a shirt/jumper maybe? i don't know!

Good luck!
University of York
York

Latest