Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

warwick, my.insite login names

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or is everybody's my.insite login names really random??

mine is bsu**w (stars are there to hide a few letters, just for security reasons , but still , it's random)

so are they supposed to be random, or was i temporarily out of my mind during the enrolment process and typed in a totally random login name?

my gwmail is also this bsu**w@gwmail.warwick.ac.uk.... i'll never remember this!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nxtyear)

mine is bsu**w (stars are there to hide a few letters, just for security reasons , but still , it's random)

so are they supposed to be random, or was i temporarily out of my mind during the enrolment process and typed in a totally random login name?

my gwmail is also this bsu**w@gwmail.warwick.ac.uk.... i'll never remember this!
    I think mines the same as urs lol ... xcept one leter is diff.

Maybe we get to change them once we are there. :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

the first two letters are your department. So im assuming you're in the business school. The second letter means youre an undergraduate and ive no idea what the others mean sorry

And no you can't change them.

People can email you at bsu**w@warwick.ac.uk or it'll be one of the following: firstinital.secondinitial.surnam e@warwick.ac.uk or firstinitial.surname@warwick.ac. uk etc. etc. (you'll have to check which is the case for u) and it'll all deliver to the same inbox.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol.. neither... oops?

my name is Sun-Ho Kim
    Sun-Ho is my forename
    Kim is the last name
    (i don't have middle names...)

weirdly my email account has turned into: sun.kim@warwick.ac.uk
    which fits neither of ur options....

(and where did my Ho go? ? (no puns intended))
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just enrolled

sdijs.gwmail@warwick...or whatever it is, is the group wise email, dont personally know what that is, but ive also got r.barnfield@warwick.ac.uk as my central email
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

bsu**j

i think the earlier you enrol, the last letter is more towards the beginning of the alphabet?

v.y.he@warwick.ac.uk why do we have two?
    bsu**j@gwmail.warwick.ac.uk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMinx)

People can email you at bsu**w@warwick.ac.uk or it'll be one of the following: firstinital.secondinitial.surnam e@warwick.ac.uk or firstinitial.surname@warwick.ac. uk etc. etc. (you'll have to check which is the case for u) and it'll all deliver to the same inbox.
    Not how mine appears to work, since I have a double-barrel first name, so mine is L-J.surname@warwick.ac.uk

Ok so this is me bein a tad pendantic, but I am really bored right now :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    bsu**j

i think the earlier you enrol, the last letter is more towards the beginning of the alphabet?

v.y.he@warwick.ac.uk why do we have two?
    bsu**j@gwmail.warwick.ac.uk
    i only have one email?! where do u all get a second one from???? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my email SUCKS

C.E.Surname@warwick.ac.uk

two .s - crap email
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i quite like the "." s - looks nice, but crap for teling ppl Letter . Letter . blabla, much easier just letterblabla (lets see how many ppl understood tht!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mines just firstname.secondname, its pretty cool....
    as for the random letters one, yea! thats random! (who'd ever use that anyways...??!!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's only six letter (even though they do seem kinda random) and you'll probably type them quite a lot to login to your email at least so you'll learn them pretty quickly I'd think. The name@warwick.ac.uk email address will come in a different form depending on how common your name is I think. For example, if you've got a *really* common name them you may end up with a number in it somewhere! They're all roughly the same though - variations on your name/initials with a few dots in!
    Jenn xx
Updated: September 15, 2004
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.