The Student Room Group

Urgent! Aqa (b) Biology

Hey everyone!! Just want some advice regarding Biology. I am considering doing all 6 modules AS/A2 in June. I have got conditional offers for Optometry which require A grades in Biology! I will have a maximum of 12 exams if do all the Biology modules! Has anyone done this before, and will it be worth doing because I will have to relearn everything for synoptic anyway! Modules 5 and 7 are the new ones that I have to do! The rest will be resits!

These are the modules I am considering doing:

Module 1: Core Principles
Module 2: Genes and Genetics
Module 3: Physiology and Transport
Module 4: Energy, Continuity and Control
Module 5 : Environment
Module 7: (option unit) Microbes and Disease

I really need an A!! Lol!
Reply 1
I did it, but having said that... I only got a C. But none of them were re-sits, I did them all in a bunch together for the first time.

I'm sure it's possible to do it and get an A. It's all about application I suppose.
Don't optometry want you to have an A in one sitting?

If you work hard enough, it's achievable. You took 9 or 10 GCSEs, which you learnt over 2 years, so i'm sure you can manage 1 whole A Level in one go :smile:
Reply 3
What were your marks like to warrent resitting? Theres a law of diminishing returns, be wary of spreading yourself too thin.
Reply 4
It all depends on you really, if you think you can cope you should go for it. You can learn module 2 in a matter of days so that's no real worry. Just prepare properly because doing all 6 modules in one sitting will be a hell of a lot of content to learn and may be too much.
Reply 5
There all spread out with AS being on 3rd of June and byb4 and byb5 on 12th or 13th. Then byb7 on the 18th! I dont need to do all 6, however I jus want to make sure I get an A!! I've just done byb4 for the first time a few weeks ago, it was a good paper however I think the highest I can get for that is a B!
Reply 6
I am sitting in lessons for (byb2,byb3,byb5 and byb7) 4 modules! However byb1 and byb4 will be self taught resits!!!
Ouch, rather you than me!
An A grade from now, learning all of the syllabi?

Sorry - just isn't gonna' happen.
Reply 9
A maximum of 12 exams though! I know people who have 16! I know modules 2,3 and 4 pretty well, module 1 will be the only one that I will teach myself! The rest just looking through notes and past papers!
Reply 10
i wouldnt recommend resitting mod 4
unless you failed completely

the content is so much that in the new a levels coming out i nsept
it has been split into 2 completely different topics

saying that i taught myself the whole of mod 4 in less than a week

.... spose we'll soon see how well i did when i get my marks in a month or so
Reply 11
yeah katiee ive nearly done that in prep for an interview. i think, you do a topic a week (when in full steam revision i'd be doin one a day), you could make it i reckon. Just make sure you understand everything and you do every past paper. although i think biols a bag of wee cos i did well last year (281/300), unit 4 is a bugger for content and 5 is annoyin as its so vague.

i also thought when they say one sittin, they mean dont resit the whole year, your not cos your carryin on with A2.

all the best
Reply 12
I'll see what happens!!! But a maximum of 12 exams which is ok, as so many peopple I know have 13 or more!!! I'm going to start revising ASAP!!!
Ah nostalgia... Those are the same 6 modules I took for my Biology A2. Could I realistically have gotten an A in one sitting... possibly but unlikely. Is it doable? Probably, given that I was just plain lazy.

Mod 1-3 are a piece of cake as is 7 (except the synoptic which is quite fun but definately hard)
Mod 4 I found a bitch
Mod 5 was boring as hell but it wasnt particularly hard.
Reply 14
ne1 esle? lol
Reply 15
Wangers
What were your marks like to warrent resitting? Theres a law of diminishing returns, be wary of spreading yourself too thin.

...:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending