The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Don't think Bham is the worst uni for this, Cambridge University - yes THE Cambridge couldn't even organise my interview they kept changing it and didn't confirm the date and details until two days before when they were meant to give two weeks.

Seeing as they're so selective over applicants it didn't look too good on them.

Most of the hassle I've had so far has been with the Student Loans Company and partly my LEA, they're tied up with the university and the university can't do a lot without the collaboration of UCAS and the afore mentioned.

In my case, Bham uni sent everything on time, only when I tried to contact them for help filling in forms it was a little trickier but you've got to appreciate how many applicants they're trying to deal with - plus the insurance people.

If I had to point any fingers it would be at the Student Loans Company in Glasgow no less. Firstly Scotland tries to distance its universities from English and Welsh ones and go wild about independence. So I have no idea why every single loans application ends up in Glasgow - which has lost my financial assessment form. According to my LEA they used to deal directly with the loans but now everything gets sent to Scotland and back.

Subsequently I've had to send off my tuition fees application with a covernote from my LEA which probably will mess them up as they won't receive any money until I can show my financial assessment form - still haven'te received it so could be enjoying the Highlands for all I know.

The minor hiccup that I would lay on the University is its lack of support over this time, whenever you ring you get an answerphone or some unhelpful drip or brummie student. At least they didn't lie like the SLC and LEA did at first.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Elisa-shaped
Don't think Bham is the worst uni for this, Cambridge University - yes THE Cambridge couldn't even organise my interview they kept changing it and didn't confirm the date and details until two days before when they were meant to give two weeks.

Seeing as they're so selective over applicants it didn't look too good on them.

Most of the hassle I've had so far has been with the Student Loans Company and partly my LEA, they're tied up with the university and the university can't do a lot without the collaboration of UCAS and the afore mentioned.

In my case, Bham uni sent everything on time, only when I tried to contact them for help filling in forms it was a little trickier but you've got to appreciate how many applicants they're trying to deal with - plus the insurance people.

If I had to point any fingers it would be at the Student Loans Company in Glasgow no less. Firstly Scotland tries to distance its universities from English and Welsh ones and go wild about independence. So I have no idea why every single loans application ends up in Glasgow - which has lost my financial assessment form. According to my LEA they used to deal directly with the loans but now everything gets sent to Scotland and back.

Subsequently I've had to send off my tuition fees application with a covernote from my LEA which probably will mess them up as they won't receive any money until I can show my financial assessment form - still haven'te received it so could be enjoying the Highlands for all I know.

The minor hiccup that I would lay on the University is its lack of support over this time, whenever you ring you get an answerphone or some unhelpful drip or brummie student. At least they didn't lie like the SLC and LEA did at first.

Yeh I think the Student Loan Company takes pride in messing things up. I hereby promise that if they manage to loose one more detail I'm going to post about it on here and elsewhere and write them a letter telling them about all the bad publicity I'm giving them. So far they have:

Got my loan amount wrong
Got my course subject wrong
Forgotton my roll number ~ 3 times
Forgotton my sort code ~ 5 times
Sent me tons of forms and told me to fill them in only for me to read inside the form that I shouldn't fill it in! :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending