Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to wear with jumper dress?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Just wanted some advice from you fashionistas.

Basically, i live in jeans. Jeans jeans jeans jeans jeans and trainers. In an attempt to break out of the mold i bought a dress very similar to this the other day.

I'm going to wear it with thick black tights (or coloured possibly) and pumps or boots. But what sort of jacket should i wear? It doesn't look right with my winter coat, but it's far too cold atm to wear just that. So has anyone got any suggestions for cheap-ish (the cheaper the better) jackets/cardigans/coats that would keep me warm whilst wearing it.

I'm a large-ish girl (size 16) with big boobs, dunno if that makes any difference but thought that maybe it might. I've also got short spiky dark brown/plum coloured hair.

Ta in advance.
    xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried wearing a long sleeved top underneath it? It depends on what your jumper dress is like though, as to whether a long sleeved top would work. Jumoer dresses are hard to get a jacket to go with them, as they can often be bulky which is why wearing something underneath is usually your best bet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's actually really nice if you wear a bright blue long sleeved top underneath and bright blue tights!
    xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh good idea thanks. The thought of wearing something underneath the dress hadn't even crossed my mind.

Looks like i'm going to the shops to see if i can find owt tomo. Ta
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear my jumper dresses with a tailored coat. I have a smartish winter coat that goes well, or like a simple mac.

You could try one of those long belted cardigans?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wear an american apparel bodysuit under jumper dresses (the ones which are leggings and a top), they look good because the colours are bright and they keep you warm and you don't worry about the knit being a bit see through either. That way you don't worry about not having a smooth line under the dress like would happen with a top or tights under it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    zara and other places like that have cardigans on offer right now, that would go well with it. and definitely black tights, i wouldn't do colour if i was you. A nice patent black or red belt would look fab around your waist with that. As for jacket - try and find a cardi that is thick enough to wear with one of your jackets if the coat doesn't go. i wouldn't bother buying a whole new jacket just for one dress. cardis are great though, you can wear all you summer tops in winter and just layer the cardi over the top, so it's a good investment. H&M had/has some nice thick winter ones.
    x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 1, 2008
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.