The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Adil Bhai
Just wondering wot college would u recommend for med out of Kings and Trinity. Wots the accomadation at both colleges like also?

Thx

kings college

trinity college

here you will find info about accommodation. pm shiny about any specifics of trinity, he studied there. pm visesh (and rosie i think?) for any other q's on kings

medicine is a competetive subject, and these colleges you've picked are 2 of the most competetive colleges in cambridge. they're both good for medicine, from what i understand
Reply 2
Really, Caius and Christ's have the reputation for medicine, while everyone else is just normal. Trinity and King's aren't anything special but aren't notoriously bad either, and at King's you get supervised by Ian Parkin for anatomy, which has to be quite cool :biggrin:

Both colleges have quite small intakes of medics though - I think Trinity has 8 in my year and King's has 6. Compared with even Clare at 12, or Caius at 25, that's not many.
Helenia
at King's you get supervised by Ian Parkin for anatomy, which has to be quite cool :biggrin:

Why? Is his anatomy good?
Reply 4
ba doom!
jonas123
ba doom!

:biggrin:
Reply 6
oldthrashbarg
Why? Is his anatomy good?

Haha, funny :tongue:

Nah, he's in charge of the Dissecting Room, does quite a few Anatomy lectures throughout the year, and is generally quite a dude. That's all.
Reply 7
Helenia
I think Trinity has 8 in my year and King's has 6.
Trinity's quota is actually 12 a year at present, though that is admittedly somewhat small given the college's size.
Reply 8
Helenia
Really, Caius and Christ's have the reputation for medicine, while everyone else is just normal. Trinity and King's aren't anything special but aren't notoriously bad either, and at King's you get supervised by Ian Parkin for anatomy, which has to be quite cool :biggrin:

Both colleges have quite small intakes of medics though - I think Trinity has 8 in my year and King's has 6. Compared with even Clare at 12, or Caius at 25, that's not many.

I *think* IIRC that King's has 8 people coming in this year, though that doesn't take gappers into account. :s
Reply 9
Trinity of course :cool:
Reply 10
ASNaC
Trinity's quota is actually 12 a year at present, though that is admittedly somewhat small given the college's size.

Well, I think it's only 8 in my year, though I could be mistaken. I'm fairly sure it's not as many as 12, but I'm not on the network so I can't check.

visesh
I *think* IIRC that King's has 8 people coming in this year, though that doesn't take gappers into account. :s

Well there were definitely only 6 this year, there may be more in future years, but it was one of the smallest in my year group.
Reply 11
Helenia

Well there were definitely only 6 this year, there may be more in future years, but it was one of the smallest in my year group.

I know that it doesnt mean much, as the ratios are probably average, but that post has made me feel slighlty better :smile: .
Reply 12
Helenia
Well, I think it's only 8 in my year, though I could be mistaken. I'm fairly sure it's not as many as 12, but I'm not on the network so I can't check.

Are you sure there are only 8? I thought there were twelve in my year (your going into second year as well, right?)
Reply 13
Ok this may sound silly, but which college in ur opinion is easier to get into. I think it is Kings + accepts higher state school percentage. Also how many applicants got interviews at kings and trinity last year?

Cheers!
Reply 14
ASNaC
Are you sure there are only 8? I thought there were twelve in my year (your going into second year as well, right?)

Maybe I miscounted :confused: - I just did it by looking at the lists of groups of students. I could easily be wrong, but still 12 medics in a college of Trinity's size isn't many by comparison!

Adil - neither is "easier" to get into; King's does take more State school students but is much more popular among applicants. All applicants are interviewed as long as their grades are within the realms of the normal offer (i.e. they won't interview people predicted DDD and applying for a joke, but if you're predicted AAA you will be).

Latest

Trending

Trending