The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

How do I get to Faraday Building from the train station?

Hi, I've got an interview for medicine in the next week or so and just wanted to know how I can get to the uni from Lancaster railway station? Is the bus station from the railway station near? I know I have to catch the X1 bus, but where does it leave from? And once I've been dropped off at the underpass, how do I get to the Faraday building.

Any help will be much appreciated indeed :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 1
This site might be useful for travel information: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/travel/travel.htm

Apparently the X1 leaves from the Railway Station to the University, so when you exist the station concourse you should see bus stops.

Then this campus map: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/travel/images/campus.pdf for Faraday building which is number 22, though I do not know where the bus stops in relation to this.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Get the X1 to the underpass, go up the stairs. When you get to the top you will be in Alexandra Square. Turn so you are facing greggs, and to the left of Greggs and the newsagents, there are some steps heading off past bowland. Go up them and along there (North spine, btw) and carry on. faraday is on your right, not very far along, and has a big sign above the door... I think... I've been going to lecutres there for the past term... I shoudl know... Anyway! Just ask anyone- we don't bite, and 99% of the people wil know where faraday is! Good luck with the interview!
Edit: I can't actually remember where the bus stop is out of the train station, but i'm sure its easy enough to find... from memory it is right next to the station. I usually just walk into the centre of town, but its easier to get the X1 by far... I just can't be bothered waiting!
Reply 3
Lol thankyou SO much :biggrin:
The bus stop from the Train Station is literally around 10 meters away from the exit when you walk out. If I remember rightly, there is a bus every 1/2 hour or so, so it is worth waiting most times.

P.S. Make sure that you have change for the bus, as about 3 times now I have seen them not having enough change for notes! Not good having to walk to town with all your bags, I can tell you!

P.P.S. £1.30 single, £2.00 return!!!
Reply 5
I thought it was the law that as long as your change is > 1/5th of the value of the product they HAD to accept it? :s-smilie: Something like that.
Reply 6
Bus Drivers can't accept notes if they don't have enough change with them to give you change, quite annoying i suspect for them if you give them a £10 for a like..£1.50 journey.
Reply 7
Congrats on the interview:smile: , because faraday is quite a large building thought i'd give you the last leg lol. Im guessing they want you up in CALC? (It's where most interviews are). When u get in to farady, go up the stairs and turn left and follow the coridoor round. You'le go through a large disabled-access door, after this turn left and go past the toilets. There will be some white double doors on your left a few yards after the toilets - go through these. The you'le see a flight of stairs on your right, keep going up till you reach the top floor and CALC is the nice expensive-looking place on your right!

It'll probably be signed but I know you'le have enough on your mind on the day without thinking of directions/getting lost etc!

Good luck:smile: !

Latest

Trending

Trending