The Student Room Group

Getting frustrated at uni

Ok, so i've heard back from all my unis now, which are leeds, exeter, lancaster and swansea. They've either given me an offer or invited me to an interview..

all except one, queens in belfast. I sent off my application the 25th october and i've heard NOTHING from them, not even an acknowledgment!!! I check track at least once a day to see if i've recieved anything, but its nothing. I'm getting really frustrated now...i would like an ackowledgment at least!! A friend of mine in NI who also applied to do physiology got her offer in december...

Could i e-mail/ring up and ask about the status of my application..or should i just leave it and accept i've been rejected...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You haven't been rejected!
The application person is very busy, and they will get back to you. So just be patient!
Reply 2
There's no harm in emailing. Wait a few days and then phone. Or maybe just phone straight away. Is this one your first choice? :biggrin:
I'm sort of hoping for it to be an insurance choice due to the low grade offer (ccc)

Would it be ok to contact them....i thought it may seem pushy?
Reply 4
It's a busy time right now, so I would wait a little longer - I know it's annoying, but you've managed it for this long. Not all universities give out acknowledgements... and either way, they don't mean an awful lot. I do wish there was some sort of uniform method of giving out responses though, rather than different approaches from different universities.
Reply 5
Yeh maybe leave asking for a bit. Is the course a 15th oct deadline or 15th jan? If Jan leave it for a bit..they might have been waiting for all applications (or maybe not after reading the bit about your friend :biggrin:). Yeah just try and wait a litttle bit longer!!! :smile:
it's a 15th jan deadline, i just applied really early..

it's just all the other unis..especially leeds which is really popular got back to me with offers within a month..
Reply 7
Go to Leeds!! If they did Veterinary I would prob go there! The city is ace and its got such a student atmosphere! :biggrin:
Hmm.. well a uni i was waiting for, for ages without an acknowledgement, i e-mailed and they e-mailed back offering me an interview. On the other hand, my friend did similar and an hour later track updated for him with a rejection. So it is a risk.

Sorry if thats not very helpful. (This was not Belfast)
lol i would but they want BBB..which i am gonna get, but i really want to go swansea to do clinical physiology, sooo if i don't get a place there it'll be leeds, then queens...

IF THOSE IRISH PEOPLE GOT THEIR ACT TOGETHER AND AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGED ME grrr

do you think its cause i'm not from ireland?????
schrodinger's cat
Hmm.. well a uni i was waiting for, for ages without an acknowledgement, i e-mailed and they e-mailed back offering me an interview. On the other hand, my friend did similar and an hour later track updated for him with a rejection. So it is a risk.

Sorry if thats not very helpful. (This was not Belfast)

oh god..wow...they rejected him for contacting them????
Reply 11
Seriously - plenty of English universities don't give acknowledgements and people haven't heard from them either.

Just be patient.
Reply 12
annaedwards1989

No, they would have rejected him anyway: the fact that he called means that they gave him his rejection sooner. Had the university have given him an offer and he had called, they would have told him about the offer.
annaedwards1989

Well i don't know what was going through their minds (my theory is they misplaced the application :eek: ) but i don't think it was specifically for calling them up. Apparently they just said that they had the application but they had already given out most of their offers. A while later on his track...
IChem
No, they would have rejected him anyway: the fact that he called means that they gave him his rejection sooner. Had the university have given him an offer and he had called, they would have told him about the offer.

Yes, that.

*we meet again IChem?*
Reply 15
Well, it all depends on the time of day - since Track emails at 12 and 5, if he emailed them between those times it's pure coincidence most likely as his offer might've already changed without him noticing?
It's annoying, cause in 2 weeks time i should already know where i want to go..and if queens havn't got back to me by then i'll be annoyed, cause i'd want to have started putting down my insurance/firm choices...

whats the deadline that a uni has to get back to you by?
So its a coincidence after not hearing from them at all for 3 and a half months and then rings them in the 5 hour period between track updates on the very day they update it.

Anyway, its only the e-mails which are sent at those times. Knowing how obsessive this friend is, hew was probably checking the actually track site constantly.
Reply 18
Queens are known for taking a while to make an offer. I got mine the other day after waiting ages too.

I'm sure if they didn't like you they'd have rejected you already.

Good luck :smile: I'm sure it'll come through soon.
I may consider opening a track addicts support group....

Latest

Trending

Trending