The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

London to Nottingham

Hi, im comming up to nottingham for an open day at the end of the month. Ive been looking at train fares and i must say i didnt expect it to be so expensive especially as im trying to book like 4 weeks in advance. Cheapest ive found is £18 for 2 seperate singles

So i wanted some advice or tips on any trains or websites you guys know that does good deals.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

try virgin trains their prices are usually good. 18 pounds sounds ok!!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
trains are expensive whatever nowadays
Reply 3
18 pounds is cheap!!!!
Reply 4
yeah. ud be looking at like £40 plus for a open return
Reply 5
cdot
yeah. ud be looking at like £40 plus for a open return

LOL - try £118.00. A Saver Return is £50.00.

Marcus
Reply 6
depends what time you book and if you have a railcard

www.thetrainline.com
Reply 7
£18 is a good price. All the websites will charge the same, but dont use www.thetrainline.com as they charge for card transactions. Use www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk or www.virgintrains.co.uk
I think £18 is the cheapest you'll get. I use my young person's railcard and get those tickets at £6.60 and that's the cheapest you'll get.
Reply 9
Ok thanks you guys for letting me know that £18 is normal.
For some reason i thought it would be less (i dont ever take trains so i dont know much). I actually thought that if i came here i would go back home at weekends....definetly not now lol
Reply 10
oh my god. it takes like 3 hours a journey! definitely not go home! what course are you going for?
Reply 11
You can get tickets to london with a railcard for under a fiver, but they have to be booked well in advance. You can still get cheap deals nearer the time but only if you search around for the best price, rather than going at the exact time you want to get somewhere.
Instead of looking at St Pancras - Nottingham, Kings Cross - Grantham - Nottingham is a faster route depending on connection time at Grantham. Extremely cheap tickets can be had for the Kings Cross - Grantham leg.

Marcus
Reply 13
St. Pancras - Notts is probably the best route. Eastmidland Trains are really comfortable and you'll really enjoy the view.
Reply 14
woksz, between cripps and hu stu, which one is better?
Reply 15
Hu Stu! Cripps has extremely SMALL rooms!! I didn't like the overall outlook of the Hall either.
Reply 16
jkyng1
oh my god. it takes like 3 hours a journey! definitely not go home! what course are you going for?

It actually takes 1:45 - 2 hours on the train :smile: . Im going for Economics
Reply 17
Make sure you get dropped off at the Hallward Library then. The Faculty of Economics and Law is right next to it :smile:.
Reply 18
so is nottingham your firm?
Reply 19
Ok thanks Woksz

I havent got all my offers yet so i dont know if it will be my firm or not

Latest

Trending

Trending