The Student Room Group

What do you remember from the 90's?

Adverts?
Music?
Games?
TV?
Anything?

No particular reason, but I heard/saw the video to shanks and bigfoot - sweet like chocolate, and it put me in one of those nostalgic moods :laugh: Reminds me of watching 'the hurricanes'' on cbbc.. and I went to see godzilla in the cinema too, the first time I heard that song, with a mate who I was playing metal gear solid for weeks on a holiday trying to complete it.. good times!

Scroll to see replies

I usually dont remember much off of the top of my head until Im reminded of it- and then all of a sudden everything all comes flooding back.
I was aged 2-12 in the 90s, so I remember alot.
Reply 2
those addidas trackie bottoms with poppers down the side :biggrin:

and..bumbags

and..gameboy

I could reel so many off...
Reply 3
POPPERS~!
Green trainers
Nickelodeon
Tamagochi
The beeping sound the modem made
etc.
etc.
etc.

**** yeah, January 1st 1990 to December 31st 1999.

It's my favourite full decade in which I lived.
wow what a great thread! Off the top of my head I remember yo yo's and tamagochi's being really in. Also Saturday night tv like family fortunes and blind date! I'm sure I'll be posting more in this thread later, the 90's were legendary !
Spice Girls... bloody spice girls...

Shame on me.
Reply 6
Cowberg
POPPERS~!
Green trainers
Nickelodeon
Tamagochi
The beeping sound the modem made
etc.
etc.
etc.

**** yeah, January 1st 1990 to December 31st 1999.

It's my favourite full decade in which I lived.

:eek: I had lime green trainers!!

and..when nike air trainers came out. the ones i had are now officially my fave pair of shoes ever.

pogs
tazzos
live and kicking
john major lol

ooh nintendo, duck hunt with the orange gun
MathematicalMind
tamagochi's

OMG! They were greeeeeattt!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

However... mine died when I was at school... he was beginning to become a big hammer head shark... :frown:

You can't buy them now can you?! *fishes out purse and credit card* :p:
Reply 8
The 90s! The best!

Nickelodeon tv! Sister Sister, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, CatDog, The Angry Beavers, Two Of A Kind...even more old school, Clarissa Explains It All, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Real Monsters! Those were the days.

Music...the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, N*Sync (or N*Stink), Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Ricky Martin in 1999. There were a load of good dance songs in the 90s, particularly the early 90s, even though I'm not a fan of dance music, there was a certain cool 90s brand!

Tamagotchis...oh, I had so many, and when they died it was so sad! :frown: Rollerblades, trainers with flashing lights....BEANIE BABIES! They pwned!
LA Gear.
Reply 10
Oh how could I forget, those little plastic models that I can't remember the name of?!? :wink: I thought they were called Pogs or Pogos but those were those little disc things...what I'm on about is little plastic figures, about an inch and a half high, you could get them in all different colours, and they all seemed to have angry expressions...what were they?!
jess_17_07
OMG! They were greeeeeattt!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

However... mine died when I was at school... he was beginning to become a big hammer head shark... :frown:

You can't buy them now can you?! *fishes out purse and credit card* :p:

LOL I was wondering if they were still available too! I had like 5 altogether.
Anyone remember that song that went "no no x6 there's no limit!" so many random 90's things popping into my head now...
Reply 12
Too!! Much!! Nostalgia!!

Yes, I too had lime green trainers. And my dog hated them.
Furbies! I swear they were made to try and take over the world...on that note pinky and the brain and power rangers! Pokemon cards! the introduction of literacy and numeracy hour!
haha those were the days 29th June 1990-31st december 1999 :smile:
Reply 14
Pokemon, beast wars, my beloved spiderman cartoon!
MathematicalMind
LOL I was wondering if they were still available too! I had like 5 altogether.
Anyone remember that song that went "no no x6 there's no limit!" so many random 90's things popping into my head now...

no, no limit. we'll reach for the sky! no valley too deep, no mountain too high!
that's haunted me for many many years.
and that other one, I got the key, or something like that
oooh! and oh carolina!
my brothers had some very annoying music

I can't believe nobody's mentioned X files or jonathon creek!
Kenan and Kel, The Fresh Prince Of Bel-air, etc.

I miss the 90s.
Reply 17
:eek: beanie babies!! I was an addict.

lol The racoons. Alvin and the chipmonks (sp?), the moomins, ba ba, TFI fridays ? with chris evans.

lol that princess board game where you had to get all of the jewelry..mousetrap :biggrin:

shaggy mr. boombastic
no doubt

Disney :biggrin:

lol when channel 5 first aired!
Reply 18
Those 'Cool for Cats' milk adverts... :biggrin:

You've Been Framed

Crystal Maze

Knightmare......

Little Model footballers with the big heads...

Tazos

Pogs...

I could go on forever.
abc101
Oh how could I forget, those little plastic models that I can't remember the name of?!? :wink: I thought they were called Pogs or Pogos but those were those little disc things...what I'm on about is little plastic figures, about an inch and a half high, you could get them in all different colours, and they all seemed to have angry expressions...what were they?!

i know what you mean! they were really cool. they were hard, but a tiny bit squishy and they were really nice to chew.

do you remember those chocolate figures that toys came out of? or those yogurts (fru frus?) that were round and in the middle there was a toy that you assembled.

Latest