The Student Room Group

Evaluation- yeast

Hey
Just done a cwk at school on how temp affects the yeast activity
I did this by meausring the volume of CO2 given off as it displaces water in an inverted measuring cylinder
Ive been ill for a while and have no idea what to write for the evaluation
The deadline is next week!
Please help me
My bio teacher said that human error cannot be included
So what can i write about?
xx
Reply 1
Anyone?
Work out the rate of reaction.

For your evaluation.....mention how the experiment could be improved. Mention the accuracy of the equipment. Say whether or not you're happy with your results. have you got a sheet telling you how to gain the marks? if not, let me know and i'll fish mine out and type it up for you
Reply 3
I did a similar experiment to you .. but I measured the carbonic acid in the solution.

Your evaluation should include the reliability of your results, talk about any anomolies, explanation for those anomolies. Inaccuracy of your equipment. Gases take up a larger volume at higher temperatures, maybe that affected your results. Maybe some CO2 escaped. (You get the kind of thing). Also talk about improvements you could have made to your experiment, so how would you prevent the faults in your experiment, maybe have more repeats as well to improve accuracy. Further experiments you could do, to further investigate your chosen variable (temp - maybe concentrating around the optimum range to find the optimum temp accurately) or other variables (e.g. glucose conc.)

Latest

Trending

Trending