The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Those aren't bad unis that accepted you... why aren't you too keen on them?
Reply 2
I know they're decent which is why I know it would be risky, only I had my heart set on the others because of the courses and location
Reply 3
romd
I know they're decent which is why I know it would be risky, only I had my heart set on the others because of the courses and location

Well... maybe reading through what the courses entail again might help, as well as reading about the unis (of the unis that gave you offers)... just make sure that if you do go for the clearing route, you are 100% sure that that is what you want to do.
Honestly? Dumb idea. You may find that the course(s) you want at those universities are full and you can't apply to them through Extra/Clearing. But that's just my two pennies.
Reply 5
hmmm turning down an offer from warwick? I wouldnt!
Reply 6
You wont get anywhere better in clearing.
Reply 7
You could just go through extra/clearing to see if you can get a place and if you don't, reapply next year. However, declining an offer from Warwick is a bit silly but then again, it is supposed to be a dull place, not like bristol or leicester. You don't want to spend 3 years of your life in a place you don't enjoy...
Reply 8
You got an offer from Warwick and a rejection from Leicester?! I think (though with inevitable bias, that Leicester has the better history department) but Warwick is usually much tougher to get into.

If you want to study anything medieval avoid Warwick. It might be worth having a look at somewhere like Lancaster or Birmingham, other good departments with ABB offers.
romd
I have offers from Kent, Warwick and Reading to study history; however those which I really wanted to go to (Bristol and Leicester) rejected me and I'm not too keen on these 3. Would it be too risky to reject them and go into clearing or extra? Thanks

If you really dont want to go to those, go into clearing....If last year was anything to go by, Leicester accept anyone, and you may have a better second time around when applying again. (Assuming you can do that of course.)

Latest

Trending

Trending