The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Why, exactly, do people insist on generaising everyone they meet into "Nice, introverted geek", and the "Big, butch, mean b*****d"?

The reason that girls tend to go for the "Bad guys" is that they are the ones that are out there, striking up converation, convincing them that they are really the good guys. Perhaps if you lot actually got up and put yourselves out there, rather than sitting here and arguing about it, you might get the girl too. But then, it might also make you into that which you hate, so, your choice.

Hypocrisy FTW!
naivesincerity
You're not still bitching about that warning?

what warning?
fil fil fil fil fil fil fil fil, yo, nat lane likes u HENCE ur cool.
Reply 43
BibbleJW
Why, exactly, do people insist on generaising everyone they meet into "Nice, introverted geek", and the "Big, butch, mean b*****d"?

The reason that girls tend to go for the "Bad guys" is that they are the ones that are out there, striking up converation, convincing them that they are really the good guys. Perhaps if you lot actually got up and put yourselves out there, rather than sitting here and arguing about it, you might get the girl too. But then, it might also make you into that which you hate, so, your choice.

Hypocrisy FTW!

Yeah true. I know plenty of geeks who are horrible, and supposed "rude boi"s who are actually really decent.

Tbh girls are just dumb a lot of the time. In the same way guys are suckers for pretty girls regardless of personality, girls can fall in to the traps of the cocky arrogant ones. Personally I see no attraction in it.
blackswan
there's no such thing as a nice guy, even if one appears to be nice they eventually develop into what you described.

Shut up.
What the **** is a pussy willow?
Reply 46
It's a tree.
Sweet
mc_watson87
What the **** is a pussy willow?

My favourite type of tree.
Reply 49
mc_watson87
lol:suitd:

lol, u bastard :suitc:
You love it :wink:
Reply 51
prove it
Reply 52
Nadinus
Yeah true. I know plenty of geeks who are horrible, and supposed "rude boi"s who are actually really decent.

But more than that, most people are not either. I'm loathe to repeat from another thread, but, take me for example. I am, by all accounts, a geek. I am into computers and gaming. I have a pc sat next to me that is almost bigger than I am, and would take a fair amount of the heat off of a volcano.

I also have 1 1/2 years experience as a lifeguard, 4 years as a waiter. I enjoy swimming and tennis, and have performed in several plays.

There is almost always more to someone than meets the eye. The only way to actually know a person well enough to judge their character is by engaging them in conversation, and removing the layers of self-flattery that they are using to make you think that they are the arch-angel Gabriel.

Which brings me back to my initial point. The reason the girls tend to go for the more confident people is that they are what is available, and they might not be able to clear fact from fiction.

Underlying message, get off the forums and into "the field".
i don't. i prefer nice guys, they're much easier to abuse.
Reply 54
dementedbunny
i don't. i prefer nice guys, they're much easier to abuse.

Hell yes! :five:

Not that I abuse nice guys or anything...
BibbleJW
But more than that, most people are not either. I'm loathe to repeat from another thread, but, take me for example. I am, by all accounts, a geek. I am into computers and gaming. I have a pc sat next to me that is almost bigger than I am, and would take a fair amount of the heat off of a volcano.

I also have 1 1/2 years experience as a lifeguard, 4 years as a waiter. I enjoy swimming and tennis, and have performed in several plays.

There is almost always more to someone than meets the eye. The only way to actually know a person well enough to judge their character is by engaging them in conversation, and removing the layers of self-flattery that they are using to make you think that they are the arch-angel Gabriel.

Which brings me back to my initial point. The reason the girls tend to go for the more confident people is that they are what is available, and they might not be able to clear fact from fiction.

Underlying message, get off the forums and into "the field".

hehe breaking all the stereotypes there lad.
^^ rofl
Reply 57
because then it looks like their big hard men, protective and cool!! you cant beat a cool, smooth bad guy! fall head over heels for them!!!:smile:
Reply 58
conclusion: you girls want bad asses who make you feel safe, money are welcome too.
Reply 59
Last guy I liked who I actually knew was a total ****. Utter criminal, horrible guy, ugh.
But it was very easy to forget that when you were with him :frown: And you could have hilarious convosations with him, and hang out with him all night, and totally forget that a month ago he beat your brother up so bad he wasnt reconisable. As far as he is concerned, absesnce makes the heart realize what a prick he is!

But, um, Now I fancy a man I've never met who is a bastard as well :P and always cheats on his wife, and if like 42. and is Boris Johnson XD