The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How much were your flights to south america?
Reply 21
I spoke to the agent for this trip and he recommended going from Europe (Madrid preferrable) to Caracas for around £500. Then they can book you an internal flight to the Lodge which is around £50.
Reply 22
Yeah, I think I paid around 700 quid for the flights at the time. There are deals so look around. I flew Iberia from Madrid and dont think it was the cheapest but dates suited. Internal flights in Venezuela were organised by the company and seemed pretty cheap. 30-60 pounds.
Reply 23
There's some flights on CheapFlights webpage starting around 430 pounds London to Caracas. Thats way cheaper than I paid!!! :smile:
Reply 24
Anyone thinking of doing this? A friend of mine might be going for a start in October so if you want to know at least one person, I can put you in touch with him... I know the thought of travelling alone is terrifying! :smile:
What company is this with? Can you PM me the website please :smile:
Reply 26
Hey Flunked, I never got round to saying thanks for the PM - very kind of you :smile:

I'm not sure whether to go for the 3 month or 6 month atm.. plus I've gotta convince my parents. I think i'd be looking at October though
Reply 27
Hey Sabzi,

Did you decide on doing this thing??? :smile: If you need to know anything, drop me a line... Really hope you going! :smile:
i like the look of the shorter things on their website, the 2-4 week ones.
i want to travel all round south america in my gap year so cant afford to spend 3 months in one place
Hello :smile:
I've been looking at the Jakera website and can't decide whether I'd be better doing the travelling adventure programme (more expensive!) or staying doing a group course at one of the centres. Could anyone who has done the static group page let me know what the experience is like? Is it mainly teenagers/young adults and whta kind of things are there to do when you're not studying?
Also, since I'm at the start of my gap year now- how far in advance is it necessary to book?
Thankyou, Lucy :smile:
Sabzi
Thanks for answering our questions :smile:

Any preference over which months to go? Also what are the group sizes?

Oh and it'd be cool to know which website you went through to get discount. Cheers

ooh, could I also echo these questions to anyone who might now?
Reply 31
I'm booked and starting the 6 month TC in October :biggrin: Can't wait.

Lucy I'd recommend emailing [email protected] and he will give you a call to discuss everything. I went direct through Jakera and got a better discount. October is the most popular start date if I remember correctly, so I think they do two groups instead of one... not sure about group size tho.

ps. £3,500 is a bargain for 6 months with meals and accommodation, and spending money is only like £500. Leaves me enough money to go around the rest of S.America afterwards :smile:

Check out www.jakerax.com to get an impression for the company.

Latest