The Student Room Group

To ring or not to ring?

Hey, I am a UK resident, temporarily studying abroad in the middle east and have just recently had 2 interview offers so I am going back to England for them soon. I have not however heard from Bristol and my Dad is saying I should ring them. Every time I go back to the UK for one of these I miss a fair bit of school and get behind, not to mention it's rather expensive flying from the middle east (not that I'm complaining about getting interviews), so he thinks I should call them up as I haven't heard anything.
I am not sure I want to as it could look like I'm scrounging for an interview, and also I wouldn't know what to say, but I'm just afraid they might offer me an interview the day after I get back here after the others, as I had booked flights for my Birmingham interview then I got a St Andrews one and had to change the flights and everything, which is very complicated. Do you think they would be able to help me? Any advice would be good, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1
Do you expect Bristol to call you for interview? (i.e. do they usually interview overseas students) - if yes, contact them. Explain that you will be in the UK over a set period of time fior medical school interviews and it's easier, cheaper and less disruptive to your education if Bristol can see you then (if, indeed you make their interview list!).

If not, then don't - they might interview you!!! :wink:
Reply 2
^^^ i second the above. ring ring ring!
Reply 3
K I might just do that. Hmmmmm. Has anyone had any experience with this before?

It's just some medical schools can be a bit difficult about this, I mean when I was offered an interview at Kings and tried to change it the stupid woman went on about preferential treatment and blahdy blah, which doesn't feel great.
Reply 4
3adi ring them up! i used to live in doha! was a member of doha club, loved that place!

Latest

Trending

Trending