The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aww that sucks :frown:

yeah...i found that out a few weeks ago....the letter they send says they cant give the individual information on each candidate so not much point in asking =/
I'm sorry! Especially if they don't give any real feedback. Was this the BM5?
yep was the 5 year course
*hugs8

that was me too. >.> and yeah, the letter basically just said that there's no point really asking ... they do get thousands of applicants so it would be a nightmare giving individual feedback to everyone!
Reply 5
my friend was rejected from soton yday...i told her edinburgh had rejected me (for vet med) and she goes o i better check mine....then it was o damm soton rejection! shes had a lesister interview in nov and waiting on leeds and edinburgh. suprisinly she wasnt to upset but is putting most her hopes into hearing back in march from her interview.
Reply 6
Jenny why does the status of your Liverpool application say two questioners recieved?
Reply 7
*questionaire I mean
it's for vet med.
Reply 9
yeah they have stages...like you progress onto stage 2 and get sent a work exp questionaire then stage 3 is an interview etc etc....but yeah sorry i was being nosy and looking in on the medicine forum...but i belong in the vet med forum.....:smile:
Reply 10
I got rejected two weeks ago today for medicine at southampton, it really sucked, but I'm trying to get over it and concentrate on my other choices. Its hard though especially as I've also heard nothing from my other choices. :s-smilie:
Reply 11
i too have been rejected from southampton, tho they offered me a chance @ clearing in august if someone who they've offered a place to doesnt make the grades. meh doubt thats going to happen!
Reply 12
Yep, my friend got rejected from southampton yesterday too.

Oh and paul10590 - You never know what might happen....
Reply 13
Paul, was that the part in the letter saying how they would be happy to consider you for a place after A-Level results in August?

Because i got that too, but really cant understand what they mean by it?
argh lol
thanks!
Reply 14
Lol, i got a rejection the other day and got the whole "we'd be delighted to consider you after august 14th for any extra places, provided you do not have a place" or words to that effect.

I'm guessing they mean the places resulting from people not making the grades or not using southampton as their first/second choice.
Reply 15
I phoned up soton admissions, they said if you have NO offers for any of your choices, they will look at your application again after A- Level results come out. If there are places left, you might get in but she did say that the chances of you getting a place are very slim.
Reply 16
yeh its useless anyway as i already have a biomed offer from southampton. so there 'relook' *******s is no good for me anyway lol
It's to be expected I guess. The chances of getting into Southampton is like a lottery.
Reply 18
Lol, so this only applies if you've not got an offer for your insurance choices, ie. biomedicine?
Reply 19
I got rejected too. What were your grades/ UKCAT like everyone? I got the same letter a couple of days ago too

Latest