The Student Room Group

Reading interview- trains

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has been for an interview at Reading and who went by train could tell me how long it took them to get to the uni by bus from the train station. I was thinking about leaving about an hour for the journey from the train station to the uni. Would that be okay?

Also, I was wondering what time the day ended for you. On the programme it says that 2-4 is the interview, tour and informal chat. Then at 4pm is the final discussion and an opportunity to ask questions. Could someone tell me approximatly what time that last final discussion ends? I need to book my train tickets and I was thinking of booking a 5 o'clock or would that be risking it a bit?

Thanks
i took the uni bus and i think it took about 15 minutes. leaving an hour should give plenty of time.
i was interviewed first and didnt have any questions so i left at 3.15. 5.00 would be fine unless you are the last to be interviwed and still have questions!
Reply 2
Thanks for that.

So basically the final discussion at 4pm is optional to stay for?
yep, no obligations ;-)
Reply 4
Cool.

That was your 100th post!

Any interview tips for me? Is it true they ask you maths questions?
i hit 3 digits!
i was asked a percentage. then how i came to my answer, (which was correct). i said tha 3% of 600 was easy so the interviewer asked the log of 100 and i said its either 10 or 2 but i havent done logs for 4 months so forgive me for being rusty!
and i was questioned on my personal statement.
Reply 6
zahra_89
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has been for an interview at Reading and who went by train could tell me how long it took them to get to the uni by bus from the train station. I was thinking about leaving about an hour for the journey from the train station to the uni. Would that be okay?

Also, I was wondering what time the day ended for you. On the programme it says that 2-4 is the interview, tour and informal chat. Then at 4pm is the final discussion and an opportunity to ask questions. Could someone tell me approximatly what time that last final discussion ends? I need to book my train tickets and I was thinking of booking a 5 o'clock or would that be risking it a bit?

Thanks

I used to go to Reading Uni - You can walk the journey in 45 minutes - unless your interview is the back end of campus somewhere like meterology! Was 30 mins from station - used to work at WHSmith's Travel there - to my hall, and 15 mins from my hall to the chemistry department. If the buses are the same, you want one that goes to Christchurch Green, or University. Will be approx 5/10 minutes from where the bus stops walk to the centre (library) of main Whitenights campus - unless they have started doing a bus that drives onto campus since I left. Don't travel out of Reading by train around 5pm. The station will be rammed. Unless you are reserving a seat?

Any other Reading uni or travel tips, just PM me.

Marcus
Reply 7
^ How is Reading as a uni in general?
Reply 8
In general, it is very good - it was in the top third of the the top 100 universities league tables. It may have changed since I was there 1998-2001 though. Anyone going, I would recommend you try getting into Wantage Hall. It is without a doubt the best hall with the best atmosphere and there is going to be an absolutely top notch 100th anniversary formal dinner, this year being the 100th anniversary of the hall's existence. I went to the 90th anniversary dinner, and that was fairly top in itself. Names of everyone attending go on the walls of the dining hall staircase.

Marcus

Latest