The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Captain Biggles
:blushing:

No smiley-only posts! :whip

Craghyrax

Give me a min and I'll try find you an example.

A very relevent example
Reply 21
Thirucumaran
Perhaps we could have something like this

Every week, 2 members are PMed by the SG and told that they have to come up with a good topic to discuss (anything other than stupid condolences), and we can make sure that everyone comes to a consensus on the topics by the end of the week.

How does that sound?

That sounds pretty good actually, and would keep strain of small countries to keep popping out topics.
zav
I think the min post idea sounds good although some countries news is more covered than others making it harder for smaller countries.

They can always change country easily.

Also its worth considering requiring people who apply to join to take the more important countries before something like Trinidad.
Craghyrax
No smiley-only posts! :whip

A very relevent example

My sincere apologies. :redface:

Would anyone have any trouble if I did a few threads with an individual poll in each to keep it simple?? Would allow for a much more precise debate and we can really get some changes drafted out. :cool:
Captain Biggles
Would anyone have any trouble if I did a few threads with an individual poll in each to keep it simple?? Would allow for a much more precise debate and we can really get some changes drafted out. :cool:

That's really fine. Go for it.

Additionally, in response to whoever suggested people present issues from their countries..can you all do me a favour and read the sticky called 'Position papers'. If you don't follow that exact suggestion, then can you at least find a relevant international issue from your own state and start a thread on it?

Its one thing talking about doing stuff, but unless members start doing it nobody will make the first move. Everybody in this thread doing something could be a good start.
Craghyrax
Also its worth considering requiring people who apply to join to take the more important countries before something like Trinidad.

Don't be dissin' the Trinidad!! :p:
Craghyrax
Its one thing talking about doing stuff, but unless members start doing it nobody will make the first move. Everybody in this thread doing something could be a good start.

Yup. Hopefully we can start ringing in the changes tonight (not to put too harsh a timescale onto things :biggrin:).
Captain Biggles
Yup. Hopefully we can start ringing in the changes tonight (not to put too harsh a timescale onto things :biggrin:).

Curses! I was expecting to see ten threads appear in five minutes. ;dry;
Reply 28
Craghyrax
Curses! I was expecting to see ten threads appear in five minutes. ;dry;

haha well i done my first don't shoot me if its wrong lol
Shuky
haha well i done my first don't shoot me if its wrong lol

Heheh. Not at all.
Reply 30
Craghyrax

That's true, but a kick start would be really beneficial I think (- I'm new in here, but nonetheless I have a sense of what's going on).

And the suggestion of everybody getting reset concerning countries and then writing just a short text of why they can represent the country seems reasonable!
Craghyrax
They can always change country easily.

Before you start on Slovenia- i chose it because it's the current holder of the EU Presidency :P not because it's obscure. I intend to change once its term of office is up in June :biggrin:

But...if you are interested, i can do a good Nasty Angry Delegate :biggrin: North Korea or Sudan would be fun, justifying mass murder with virulent ideology and overheated grandstanding....
Slothuus
THE suggestion of everybody getting reset concerning countries and then writing just a short text of why they can represent the country seems reasonable!

Second!
Resolution 2008/3 is now underway. Voting has commenced as of tonight (18:31 to be exact, I do believe) and will last for 7 days - separates the active from the inactive members, I suppose. :rolleyes:
SG edit: updated details in the resolution thread.
Reply 34
Craghyrax
It has been recently, with not much change.

My VNC thread stirred thing up though :biggrin: *is pleased with self*

Captain Biggles
Yeah, that idea seems so much more stupid that the way I thought it would sound!! :redface: In retrospect I think maybe a representative should have at least one thread per week to bring up an important issue or two relevant to his/her state. If a delegate can't keep up with that without good reason then sanctions should be taken - it's not all fun and games. :wink:

Would "good reason" include "I'm representing Liechtenstein"? :rolleyes: In my tenure as rep aside from football there has been no significant stories whatsoever :p:

My own personal view is that there is a great danger that the MUn could become too restrictive and formulaic if a lot of rules and regulations were to be instituted to do with activity. What would happen is that we'd get a lot of threads that are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with little thought put into them, and not many resolutions, which naturally take some time to iron out problems.

Captain Biggles

Nice metaphor :cool:

Captain Biggles
Resolution 2008/3 is now underway. Voting has commenced as of tonight (18:31 to be exact, I do believe) and will last for 7 days - separates the active from the inactive members, I suppose. :rolleyes:

There's a 2008/3 in the SC forum already :wink: Yours I think should be 2008/4.
ukebert
There's a 2008/3 in the SC forum already :wink: Yours I think should be 2008/4.

It had a nice ring to it. :cool:

(Not that everything else you said has not been noted for future reference :wink:)
Evening all!!

This is my first post as MUN rep for Germany.

The Fatherland has, I feel, been a somewhat lacking voice within the MUN - such an integral part of the EU and one of the strongest economic powers ought to be silent no longer.

lol.
Oh by the way, I'll happily start a thread of interest tomorrow, if that's ok, regarding a burning German issue.

I'd do it now, but I'm off bellringing.

*appreciated the 'ringing in the changes' metaphor* It bore more relevance :wink:
Greatleysteg
This is my first post as MUN rep for Germany.

Welcome to the MUN Society, then!

Where have you been all this time?!? :p:
Reply 39
Oooh, I'm off to find something to post about!

Latest

Trending

Trending